Purpose of Job
To assist with the preparation and distribution of pharmaceuticals, inventory management, and documentation within the pharmacy.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assists in the dispensing of ART, PrEP, and SRH medicines to clients either on site or on outreaches as prescribed by the Clinician and ensuring the right medication is given to the right client in right quantities.
• Packs medicines in properly labelled dispensing envelopes to small recommended prescribed quantities for easy dispensing and to reduce client waiting.
• Provides information to clients on how the medication is taken and side effects if not taken properly, also counselling clients for adherence purposes to achieve treatment success.
• Receives and collects prescriptions from clients timeously as they come to reduce clients’ waiting period.
• Organises received pharmaceuticals on the shelf according to FEFO in order to minimize expiries.
• Ensures that all received pharmaceuticals are offloaded and moved timeously into the pharmacy to avoid
breakages and maintain the required temperatures.
• Files all generated reports for ART and SRH medicines; invoices; prescriptions and correspondents monthly for record keeping purposes.
• Keeps a record of controlled drugs for legal and stock control purposes and captures dispensed medicines into EPOC system.
• Conducts physical counts monthly for the purposes of ordering and to avoid overstocking or understocking and checking on expiries.
• Informs the immediate superior about near expiring medicines so that they are transferred to other sites or
government hospitals where they can be consumed faster.
• Ensures that there are no breakages, shortages and short dated pharmaceuticals when receiving commodities from Nat pharm or PSI Warehouse deliveries.
Qualifications and Experience
What are we looking for?
• Dispensary Assistant training course
• Knowledge of pharmacy regulations and laws
• 5 O’ Levels including English Language and Mathematics
• Computer literate
• Knowledge of HIV/AIDS and basic management of related Opportunity Infections
• 2 years relevant working experience
How to Apply
In return, PSI/Z offers competitive remuneration, commensurate with qualifications and experience. PSI is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of gender identity or expression, race, religion, national origin, or disability.
Detailed CV and a Cover Letter clearly highlighting the job title on the subject line should be sent not later than June 07, 2021, to [email protected]
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.