Procurement Assistants (3 Posts) :
- Full Time
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following posts at Great Zimbabwe University.
Duties and Responsibilities
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assisting the Procurement Officer with the requisition of quotations, correspondences, and evaluations of all procurements, strictly in accordance with leading procurement practices,
• Preparing payment requests and seeking authorisation in a timely manner, and submitting fully authorised payment requests to the Accounts department for payments;
• Assisting in maintaining appropriate records to ensure that the procurement process, decision and contractual agreements are accurately documented for accountability and audit purposes;
• Following up with Suppliers to ensure speedy deliveries of ordered goods and reporting of all outstanding deliveries to the Procurement Officer;
• Assisting the Procurement Officer in maintaining current, up to date procurement documents.
• Maintaining an updated purchasing records data and pricing in the system;
• Supporting relevant departments with quotations for the purpose of tenders; and
• Maintaining and monitoring procurement inventory.
Qualifications and Experience
Applicants must have at least a Higher National Diploma in Purchasing and Supply/Logistics or equivalent, plus five (5) Ordinary level passes. Applicants must have at least one (1) year relevant post - qualification experience in a purchasing and supply / logistics role and be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
How to Apply
Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Police clearance is mandatory for successful candidates.
Detailed information about the post can be accessed on the Great Zimbabwe University Website (www.gzu.ac.zw)
Applicants must submit copies of applications of the following: application letter, certified copies of academic certificates, national identity card, birth certificate and detailed curriculum vitae to:
The Deputy Registrar, Human Resources and Legal Affairs
Great Zimbabwe University
P.O. Box 1235
Email applications to [email protected] a single PDF file
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, 5 November, 2021.