An exciting career opportunity has arisen within First Mutual Reinsurance Company for the position of Accountant. The incumbent will be responsible for the preparation of monthly management accounts and statutory accounts and providing timely financial information for decision making. Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill this vacancy.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Preparing draft financial commentaries and statutory accounts monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annually;
• Reviewing draft audit file (including reconciliations) for accuracy and adequacy before passing the final draft to Finance Executive for approval;
• Carrying out performance variance analysis and expenditure updates in accordance with approved budget;
• Review key reconciliations monthly;
• Check cash flow statements daily, weekly, monthly;
• Review Quarterly IPEC returns;
• Preparing draft IFRS compliant Company Annual Report;
• Preparing consolidated draft annual budget for the company in liaison with departments;
• Updating and reconciling the fixed asset register on a monthly basis;
• Preparation and submission of statutory returns ensuring compliance.
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or related.
• CIMA, ACCA will be an added advantage.
• 4 years' experience in a similar or related environment and of which 1 year should be in a supervisory.
• Proficiency in MS Excel.
• Ability to work accurately under pressure and with minimal supervision
• Good organizational skills
How to Apply
Candidates meeting the above criteria should forward their Curriculum Vitaes (CVs), copies of certificates and
application letters to Group Human Resources via the following email address:
Applications should be sent by not later than 28 September 2021.