Reporting to the Country Director, the Compliance officer will implement compliance monitoring and reporting for specific departments in local or regional offices. Performs strategic planning and scheduling compliance activities, providing guidance to staff, Provides compliance advisory to the Senior Management Team. Makes recommendations for improvement of existing controls or development of new controls in local or regional operating environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supports and influence management in building a robust compliance culture based on ethical standards of behavior.
• Manages follow-up reviews and investigations of any financial, operational, or regulatory deficiencies noted during audits.
• Promote and provide input for trainings.
• Develop compliance review work plans for FHI360 offices and sub partners.
• Work with internal Audit teams for follow up on observations raised in the internal audit review.
• Reviews and approves compliance findings for presentation to senior management.
• Coordinate with external auditors to leverage internal audit work, as appropriate.
• Demonstrates and apply a clear understanding of compliance methodologies, risk management, and regulatory compliance.
• Keeps abreast with latest trends in internal management and accounting controls. Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
Knowledge & Skills:
• Comprehensive knowledge with local, state and federal laws and regulations that have impact on internal accounting and management controls.
• Strong knowledge of organizational structure, policies and practices, and the impact on own area.
• Excellent organizational, supervisory, leadership and managerial skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to lead a team, exchange information and collaborate with colleagues and peers within and outside the organization.
• Ability to motivate, negotiate and work well with others.
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
Qualifications and minimum requirements:
• Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or Related Field, ACCA, CA, CIS. Or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience in Management and Audit, sufficient to successfully perform the key responsibilities of the job.
• Minimum of 5-8 years related work experience, including 3 years in management and 3 years working at the corporate or organization level or;
• Master’s Degree in Accounting Business Administration, Finance or related field with 3- 5 years relevant experience in Management and working at the corporate or organization level.
• Experience developing audit programs and managing audit processes is required.
• Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
• Some Internal or external audit internationally experience will be an advantage.
• Non-governmental organization (NGO) experience preferred.
• Must demonstrate excellent analytical and organizational skills.
• Proficiency in spreadsheet software required.
How to Apply
Apply online, visit the website below.
View more information