Group Head, Internal Audit :
- Full Time
Introduction of the Corporation
WAICA Re is one of the fastest growing reinsurance companies in Africa. WAICA Re is headquartered in Freetown (Sierra Leone) and operates through four (4) Regional Offices across Africa namely Lagos (Nigeria), Accra (Ghana), Abidjan (Cote d'Ivoire) and Tunis (Tunisia). It also has four (4) Subsidiaries Companies namely, WAICA Re Zimbabwe Limited in Harare (Zimbabwe), WAICA Re Kenya in Nairobi (Kenya) and investments company namely WAICA Re Capital, Accra (Ghana) and WAICA Re (United Kingdom). WAICA Re is rated by A.M. Best with a Financial Strength Rating of B+ and a long-term Issuer Credit rating of "bbb-" with a stable outlook. WAICA Re announces the vacancy of the position of HEAD. INTERNAL AUDIT to be based in any of our operating countries.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Head, Internal Audit Role is responsible for the Group's strategic Ask-based internal audit plan and managing the internal audit function in accordance with the Group's internal audit charter and the professional standards for internal auditing promulgated by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
The work will include managing audits including evaluating internal controls, performing, and documenting audit test work, communicating audit issues to management, writing audit reports, identifying and evaluating emerging areas of organizational risk for the Group.
The Head, Internal Audit reports functionally to the Group Board, Risk Management, Audit and Internal Compliance Committee and administratively to the Group Chief Operating Officer
Qualifications and Experience
• Have a first degree in Accounting/Finance or Equivalent
• Professional membership CA, ACCA or equivalent
• A Master's degree in Business Administration (MBA) or equivalent is an added advantage
• Candidates should have at least 10 years post qualification experience with at least 5 years in a Managerial role in the Audit Function
• A strategic thinker, results oriented and resilient individual who will drive through and implement the audit plan with flexibility
• Effective communicator with the ability to persuade and influence
• Highly motivated individual, with ability to work under pressure
• Cross cultural and cross functional skills and a team player.
How to Apply
interested Candidates for this role shall be required send an Application letter and a CV to [email protected] Closing date for application 08 November 2021