In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
A Career Opportunity in the Financial Services Sector
Agricultural Finance Company Holdings (AFC) is a newly formed entity made up of four subsidiaries namely; AFC Commercial Bank, AFC Land and Development Bank, AFC Insurance and AFC Leasing Company.
Reporting to the Group Chief Executive Officer, AFC Holdings is looking For a professional with a demonstrable track-record of producing effective and high-quality legal advice to the AFC Group. This is a strategic and collaborative leadership role which should align strategic direction of the legal department and the overall business objectives and those of key stakeholders across the subsidiaries. The Head of Legal will also work with departmental leadership across the business in identifying and managing potential legal risk. This individual must be result-driven and service-driven with exceptionally good problem-solving skills, be highly adaptable and Flexible, work comfortably in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Providing legal counsel to the Board of Directors, Chairman of the Board, Group Chief Executive Officer and other senior management.
• Developing and leading corporate legal strategy to promote and protect the Group matters.
• Overseeing delivery of legal services and resources to accomplish corporate goals, strategies and priorities.
• Maintaining proper Group /Corporate records with regulatory and other key stake holders.
• Ensures senior management remain informed of regulatory, legislative and best practice changes and their obligations under these changes.
• Participating in the formulation of general management policy as a member of the executive management team.
• Managing team members of the legal department, developing talent that subsequently drives value across the business.
• Participating and leading on complex, high value, contracts, and agreements.
• Ensuring circulation of information on relevant laws and policies across the business.
• Participating in the negotiation of high-profile transactions such as mergers and acquisitions, tender bidding, and contract acquisitions.
• Leading in drafting and managing complex patent, trademark, and regulatory documentation, handling such matter comfortably within a fast-paced business environment.
• Researching and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations.
Qualifications and Experience
• Must have a Law degree from an accredited law school and at least five (5) years of working experience in a Group environment
• At least 7 years of working experience in a corporate legal capacity within a fast-paced, fast-evolving and dynamic environment.
• Master in Business Administration (MBA) or Master of Leadership (MBL) or MA or a similar post graduate qualification.
• Knowledge of Insurance and Banking business systems, rules and regulations is a distinct added advantage.
Job Skills and Competencies
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures.
• Must be able to demonstrate a broad technical knowledge and expertise covering the conduct of business matters, corporate governance matters and regulatory risk and change matters.
• Proven experience as a Legal Counsel in business environment.
• A practical and commercial approach to problem-solving.
• Good analytical, report writing and communication skills.
• A high degree of computer literacy technologically adept and possess excellent computer skills. Must have good Ms Office, Ms Excel, and PowerPoint skills.
• Demonstrated ability to create legal defence or proactive strategies.
• High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
• Sound judgement and ability to analyse situations and information.
Interested candidates should submit applications, accompanied by a detailed resume by no later than 29 July 2021. All applications should be emailed to [email protected] clearly indicating the position you are applying for as your E-mail Subject Reference. Please note that only short-listed applicants will be responded to.