Junior Performance Analyst – Eskom Pension and Provident Fund
Contract: Type Permanent
Salary: Market Related
Location: Bryanston, Gauteng, South Africa
To validate investment data and perform analysis on the output of the investment reports. To maintain sound relationships with key stakeholders to respond to queries on reports and requests for information.
Job Functions: Accounting
Industries: Financial Services
- COMPLETE PERFORMANCE REPORTING
- Receive invoices from Asset Managers and check the Asset Manager contract to confirm the methodology used.
- •Prepare monthly management fees report for all Asset Managers and submit for review and signing to the Investment Administration Manager.
- Recalculate money weighted return and modified Dietz return, aligned to the benchmark, to ensure that any cash flows incurred are correctly accounted.
- Prepare monthly absolute returns report for Money Market Dealer and submit for review by the second party and approval by the Investment Administration Manager.
- Prepare consolidated monthly performance pack for all Asset Managers.
- Reconcile returns calculated with returns calculated by Asset Managers on the statement, and verify calculations are aligned to the benchmark.
- Check that international year-to-date returns internally calculated aligns with international Asset Manager Returns.
- Submit the report for review by the second party and approval by the Investment Administration Manager prior to distribution to the relevant parties.
- Verify the accuracy and completeness of monthly internal portfolio reports received from Maitland.
- Prepare quarterly asset allocation report for Investment Management Unit.
- Compile, review and submit the Quarterly performance pack for Strategic Investment Committee.
2. CONDUCT ACCOUNTING FOR ASSET MANAGERS
- Receive Asset Manager Investment report and reconcile all movements.
3. PERFORM GENERAL ADMINISTRATION
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to deliver on reporting requirements within the allocated timeframe.
- Assist with StatPro projects by downloading reports and reconciling StatPro returns and local Asset Manager Returns.
- Ensure timeous resolution of queries / Execution of instructions / requests from external parties (IMU, Financial Accounting, Risk & Compliance, Internal and External Audit) are processed timeously.
- Prepare and analyse daily investment report for assets under management.
- Assist with attending to audit requests and provision of financial information during the audit.
- Participate in investment property meetings, as and when required.
- Attendance and participation of EAM due diligence sessions.
- Perform other administrative tasks i.e. filing and Fraxion requests.
- BCom Finance or any other relevant qualification.
- Knowledge of financial procedures and practices.
- Knowledge of financial reporting.
- Intermediate Excel.
- Financial system knowledge.
- Numerical skills.
- Communication skills.
- Time management skills.
- Team player.
- Attention to detail.
- Work under pressure.
Job Closing Date 06/05/2020
TO APPLY CLICK HERE