In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Welthungerhilfe is one of the largest and respected private organisations in the field of development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. We carry out projects in 39 countries and campaigns for fairer cooperation within developing countries. Primarily in co-operation with local partner organisations, our task is to contribute to the improvement in nutritional and income base for the low-income populations in Africa, Asia and Latin America. Welthungerhilfe has been implementing projects in Zimbabwe since 1980. Sector focus is on Water Sanitation and Hygiene, Food and Nutrition Security, Livelihoods and when necessary, Emergency response.
The Logistics Assistant will assist with management of all logistics areas including procurement, assets and warehouse among others.
The Logistics Assistant will be expected to:
- Procure materials and services according to set standards,
- Monitor availability of supplies (office groceries, toiletries etc.) and arrange for replenishment ;
- Prepare tender documents using compliant documentation and in consultation with the Logistics Coordinator;
- Develop, maintain and update a database on suppliers;
- Maintain an asset register for country office as well as for projects ;
- Document all asset movement ;
- Tagging of all assets ;
- Assist in cleaning and maintaining the warehouse in order;
- Organize ,load and offload goods at the warehouse;
- Work on Warehouse documentation;
- Make administrative and logistical arrangements for office activities (meetings, workshops etc.)
- Assist in organizing travel and accommodation for staff and visitors.
Qualifications, skills and experience required
The Logistics Assistant must have:
- University degree in the field of Procurement or Logistics;
- At least 2 years’ experience working in an NGO setup;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and internet applications;
- Ability to travel to the operational areas as per project demands;
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously;
- CIPS Level 4 an added advantage and a valid Ethics Certificate.
- Clean class 4 drivers’ license and valid defensive driving certificate.
NB: Shortlisting for this role will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of motivation and CVs to [email protected] Please state the position applied for in the subject line of the email.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
During the application process, WHH will not charge any fee nor will it require any payment for an application to be considered. WHH is an equal opportunity employer and employs personnel without regard to race, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status and or physical handicap.
Persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 23 June 2021