Local Authorities Pension Fund (The Fund) seeks to engage a dynamic, suitably qualified and experienced individual to fill the position of Pensions Administration Executive.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the incumbent will be responsible for the effective management of all pensions administration activities, including active membership data updates, processing of pension payrolls and benefit claims, stakeholder communication and records management.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- To develop, review and implement the Fund’s Pensions Administration Departmental strategy and budget, aligned to the overall corporate strategic objectives.
- Provide regular, accurate and sound pensions management advice to the CEO, Board and other management team members.
- Develop, recommend and implement effective pensions contribution collection methods to increase the Fund’s income streams in order to improve viability and the Fund’s financial performance.
- Oversee the customer service delivery function, including efficient and effective management of the customer complaints.
- Monitor changes in the pensions legislation and pensions industry developments and recommend necessary changes to the Fund’s rules and procedures.
- Oversee the timeous and accurate calculation of pension benefits and ensure adherence to pensions legislation as well as the Fund’s rules and procedures.
- Coordinate the regular and accurate compilation of data for actuarial computations in consultation with the Fund’s Actuary.
- Develop and implement effectivestakeholder engagement initiatives in order to maintain healthy relationships with key stakeholders and deliver excellent customer service.
- Effective supervision and management of subordinates aimed at the achievement of set Departmental objectives.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate should possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- A relevant Business Degree in Pensions Management or equivalent [(BSc. Economics, BBS or B. Comm (Admin)].
- Professional qualification in a pensions related field (CII or COP in Life & Pensions or equivalent).
- Relevant Master’s Degree (MBA or MBL).
- At least six years’ experience at senior management level in the pensions industry.
JOB RELATED ATTRIBUTES
The person suitable for this position must demonstrate the following job related attributes.
- Functional knowledge of pensions administration, rules and regulations guiding the pensions industry.
- A team player and strategic thinker with good leadership skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be passionate about delivering excellent customer service.
Job Application Details
Applications marked “Pensions Administration Executive” accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae with at least three (3) professional referees, certified copies of educational and professional qualifications should be hand-delivered (Strictly No Postal Applications) to:
The Chief Executive Officer, Local Authorities Pension Fund, 10th Floor, Throgmorton House, Corner Samora Machel/Julius Nyerere Way, Harare.
Or e-mail to: [email protected]
The closing date for the applications is 7 August 2020.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Strictly no chancers.