The Zimbabwe Open University (ZOU) is the largest and comprehensive Open & Distance e-Learning (ODeL) university in Zimbabwe that offers lifelong learning in an affordable and flexible manner.
Suitably qualified, experienced and motivated candidates are invited to apply for the following vacant position that has arisen in the Zimbabwe Open University.
WOMEN CANDIDATES AND THE DIFFERENTLY-ABLED PERSONS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Professor / Associate Professor / Senior Lecturer / Lecturer: Faculty Of Commerce And Law: Department Of Public Administration: National Centre (1 Post)
Duties and Responsibilities
• Developing and launching of new degree programmes;
• Developing open and distance electronic learning and teaching materials;
• Conducting at least two (2) face-to-face or online tutorials per semester;
• Managing technology enabled teaching;
• Promoting the University wide initiatives;
• Establishing partnerships with industry and local communities;
• Fostering Education 5.0 through innovation and industrialisation;
• Engaging in community service;
• Interfacing with other Faculties; and
• Carrying out any other duties as assigned by the Dean.
Qualifications and Experience
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Public Administration or Local Government and Administration;
• Bachelor’s Degree Public Administration or Local Government and Administration is a must;
• A PhD in Public Administration or Local Government and Administration is an added advantage;
• A minimum of two (2) years teaching experience in an institution of Higher Learning is a requirement;
• Knowledge of technology-enabled open and distance teaching is an added advantage; • Computer literacy a must.
How to Apply
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT HAVE THE STIPULATED REQUIREMENTS NEED NOT APPLY.
Interested and qualified persons should submit their applications consisting of the following documents: application letter, certified educational and professional certificates as well as transcripts and curriculum vitae with contact details (telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of at least three
(3) referees as follows;
• in PDF format as a single document to: [email protected]
Applications should be received not later than 5 September 2021.