- Buhera, Mutare, Zimbabwe
CARE began working in Zimbabwe in 1992 in response to severe regional drought and has since expanded programming to address longer-term development issues. Currently, an estimated 5.8 million people are facing severe food insecurity in Zimbabwe as a result of the human-made climate crisis.
Through strategic local partnerships, CARE is implementing both short-term and long-term programming to empower Zimbabwe’s vulnerable households to meet their basic needs through sustainable livelihoods. To that end, CARE’s programming in Zimbabwe is focused on the following areas: food and nutrition security, climate resilient livelihoods, economic development, education, and water, sanitation, and hygiene
The organisation seeks to recruit outstanding candidates who are known for their excellence, professionalism, integrity and who are committed to providing support to the country office. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply for the position posted below:
To effectively implement the START4Girls Project initiatives through rolling out gender interventions, VSLA, IGAs, Vocational technical skills development, capacity building and support to schools and community structures in line with agreed Donor, MoPSE and project stakeholder requirements.
- Prepare Individual Operating Plan (IOP) in line with project Annual Operating Plan (AOP)
- Support in the development of district level project activities with the guidance of the Field Coordinator for planning weekly project activities at community and school level
- Implement integrated project activities (orientations, sensitisations, trainings, engagements, coaching and mentoring) as per the agreed project workplan across pillars on Gender, Education and Economic Empowerment
- Provide capacity building to structures working with the project, such as training of school committees, SAA facilitators , VSLA groups, Cluster Facilitators, CPCs, JCDCs, Peer Leaders, DRR committees, G&C teachers,
- Lead in the rolling out of project models such as SAA, VSLA, ADM, CSC, male and boys engagement, role models at school and community levels through trainings and awareness sessions
- Identify needs and facilitate linkages between: Community CPCs, school, and referral pathways, Schools and ASRHR service providers
- Support M&E with process monitoring of activities and document stories of significant change and rolling profiles on a regular basis.
- Establish and maintain relevant cluster and district level relationship with key stakeholders (e.g., MoPSE, Women Affairs, DSD) in furtherance of his/her work in close collaboration with the Field Coordinator
- Represent the project at community and school level in stakeholder meetings
- Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Education/ Social Science/ Gender Studies/Development Studies/Policy Studies
- 2-3 years’ experience in education, gender, community and youth economic development.
GET A WORLD CLASS CV FOR ZWL4500. COVER LETTER FOR ZWL3000
Pay for CV here
Pay for Cover Letter here
Whatsapp us on +263784644514