In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
The National University of Science and Technology invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the post of Senior Assistant Registrar (in the Vice Chancellor’s Office) that has arisen at the University.
The Senior Assistant Registrar is the Executive Assistant to the Vice-Chancellor and is mandated to coordinate and manage the activities of the Vice Chancellor’s Office and ensure its efficiency and effectiveness in dealing with key internal and external stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts as first point of contact for the Vice Chancellor’s Office and manages communication, including highly confidential material.
- Produces quality reports, presentations, letters and memoranda.
- Manages the Vice Chancellor’s itinerary, including online commitments and international travel.
- Collates relevant papers and documents in preparation for scheduled briefings and meetings.
- Manages mail by ensuring that all official correspondence is screened and directed to relevant offices for ACTION.
- Manages a systematic manual and electronic records management system.
- Attends to inquiries and queries and receive visitors, including VIPs.
- Assists in the organisation of major University events.
- Carries out any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Office Management, Business Management, Administration or related field and at least 5 years’ relevant post-qualification experience, OR have a Masters’ Degree in a relevant field and at least 2 years’ relevant post-qualification experience. The required experience must be, at least, at the Grade of Administrative Assistant or equivalent level. Knowledge of University structures and systems will be an added advantage.
Skills, knowledge & attributes
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to develop effective relationships with individuals and stakeholders continually, both internally and externally.
- Ability to react positively to frequently changing priorities and deadlines, and to deal with unforeseen circumstances.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Reliability, loyalty and dedication are essential qualities.
- Excellent attention to detail, including proof reading skills and the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Digital and data literacy and excellent computing skills, including Microsoft Office and use of administrative business systems.
- Minute taking skills.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable; with the ability to work across teams, building and developing effective relationships to ensure the best result for the team and Institution.
- Ability to think in other terms and look for more efficient ways of doing things, instigating change in a considered manner.
- Be of mature disposition.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE All applications will be treated in strictest confidence. Applications, which should include a curriculum vitae (giving full personal particulars of applicant including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications, employment and experience, present salary, telephone numbers and the names, addresses (including email) and telephone numbers of three contactable referees) and copies of certificates must be addressed to: The Senior Assistant Registrar Human Resources Department National University of Science and Technology P O Box AC 939 Ascot Bulawayo, ZIMBABWE And email to: [email protected] in a single PDF file clearly indicating the position being applied for in the subject line. NB: Candidates who responded to the previous advertisement need not apply. The National University of Science and Technology is an equal opportunity employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply. Apply Before: June 10, 2021