In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
About the job
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 130 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative, and client-focused, supported by inclusive and fun company culture. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity, and the quality we deliver. As a result, our people get to enjoy working on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
We are seeking people to join our organization who have a positive outlook, are seeking development opportunities, and have a strong foundation of technical understanding in their core area of activity.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Cost Manager / Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our expanding Real Estate team in Harare.
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE
- You will take responsibility for projects as a client facing representative of our business from feasibility, through the cost planning process to procurement, tendering and post-contract delivery. Interfacing and building relationships with consultant and client teams will be key.
- You will also become a key part of our digital transformation of cost management utilising our industry leading digital software.
- You will have the opportunity to work across a range of sectors including major City Centre developments, manufacturing, logistics and residential schemes in both the public and private sectors.
Our Senior Cost Managers handle commissions of varying sizes but will typically lead on projects with appropriate support depending on the complexity of the commission. The successful candidate will also directly support Directors in the delivery of some of the most high profile projects in the region.
- Pre and post-contract duties including preparation of cost estimates, procurement and tendering, contract administration, variation, final account, etc.
- Completing feasibility studies.
- Estimating and cost planning to include producing and presenting the final cost plan
- Tendering and procurement activity, including managing the pre-qualification stage, producing the tender list, preliminaries, tender analysis, tender report and compiling contract documents
- Taking responsibility for timely and accurate financial reporting and valuations
- Interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
- Participate effectively with post contract cost variances and the change control processes
- Perform cost risk analysis and provide input into value engineering; negotiate and approve final accounts
- Contribute to the development of the wider team providing the benefit of your experience to those in junior roles.
- Good knowledge of construction methods and procurement routes.
- sound knowledge of various forms of contract (JCT/NEC).
- Excellent measurement and cost planning expertise including use of NRM.
- Commercially astute with demonstrable negotiation and communication skills.
- Team oriented.
A degree in Quantity Surveying or a relevant degree is required.
Full membership of the RICS (MRICS) is preferred.
TO APPLY CLICK HERE