In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Disaster Risk Reduction Officer (DRR):
Deadline: 26 July 2021
Base Station: Zvishavane
The incumbent will be responsible for capacitation of stakeholders on DRM inclusive of disaster preparedness for response at all levels, providing technical support on environmental management and impact, technical backstopping on DRM main activities encompassing climate change adaptation and generating DRM reports.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Identifies current and emerging risk factors, their underlying causes and actions that could help reduce the impacts of future hazards;
- Produces a Disaster Risk Management work plan and develops a DRM training plan; Identifies programming opportunities and challenges to strengthen and support communities build community resilience;
- Provides technical backstopping on DRM and Resilience to consortium partners;
- Conducts DRM rapid assessments and collate data from primary and secondary sources of data;
- Conducts DRM coordination and review meetings with the CPC and other stakeholders;
- Prepares concept notes for workshops in collaboration with stakeholders;
- Follows up of the implementation of the DRM and CAAP plans ensuring integration of gender and youths; Establishes a road map to community resilience and link the DRR resilience to food security, WASH, environment and inclusive market systems;
- Participates in DRM coordination and collaboration platforms at district and consortia level;
- Promotes project DRM activities working closely with the Documentation and communication officer;
- Consolidates districts and consortia narrative reports.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- A Degree in Environmental Studies, Natural Resources Management, Agriculture, Social Sciences or related field;
- A Certificate/Diploma related to DRR and Resilience will be an added advantage;
- At least 2 years plus working experience in Disaster Risk Reduction;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Get full information and application instructions here
CARE is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children and safeguarding employees and communities from Sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse.