In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following post: EXECUTIVE DEAN OF STUDIES (1 Post). The Executive Dean of Studies will report to the Vice Chancellor.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The post requires a person who possesses the following: –
- An earned Doctorate degree in either Mining Engineering/Chemical Engineering/Geology/Metallurgy/Applied Sciences/Agriculture/Natural Resources and or Forestry.
- The candidate must demonstrate commitment to academic excellence through University teaching, research, innovation and service to the university and community.
- The incumbent must be a leader in research and innovations leading to the production of goods and services.
- Have good University administrative experience either as Chair/Head of Department, Dean of Faculty or Director of School/Institute.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Among other duties, the incumbent will be expected to:
- Provide academic and administrative leadership to the faculties, including all faculty planning and control in the specific areas of human resource, budgeting, academic programmes, departmental equipment and other matters.
- Lead the faculties in achieving their objectives through the development and delivery of sound and innovative programmes, the promotion of excellence in teaching and research and in securing support for the faculties through partnerships and linkages with other Universities and organizations.
- Undertake fund raising to support teaching, research and innovation in the faculties.
- Establish linkages and partnerships with industry, commerce, professional establishments and informal sectors in order to support student internships, sandwich modules and work related learning.
- Encourage, promote, develop, coordinate and facilitate quality research and innovation in the University.
- Promote research and innovation culture within the University leading to technology transfer and development of patent and improve ranking of the University.
- Capacitate academic staff with research and innovation skills so as to attract research grants.
- Provide assistance and mentorship to researchers and innovation through strategic planning, training, quality management of research activities and outputs.
- Assist in project initiation, planning, reporting and commercialization of research output.
- Work with faculties, departments, schools, centres, associated institutes, affiliated institutes as well as with Government and Non-Governmental Organizations to facilitate and coordinate quality research.
- Develop policies, plans and strategies that will strengthen and enhance the capacity and capability of the University and its associated and affiliated institutions to conduct high quality research and innovation that is responsive to the needs of the country and the region.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
The post is a contract appointment for a period of up to four years and renewable subject to policies of the Institution.
Interested candidates must send applications, certified copies of certificates, transcripts, national identification (ID & birth certificate) and detailed curriculum vitae giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications, date of availability, current salary, contact details, names and addresses of three referees addressed to:
The Assistant Registrar – Human Resource
Manicaland State University of Applied Sciences
Bag 7001 Stair Guthrie Road
The application pack should be sent as a single merged pdf file to e-mail address: [email protected] . By no later than Friday, 11 June 2021 at 1000 hours. The subject line should be clearly labelled with the post being applied for, and only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to.
*NB: Manicaland State University of Applied Sciences is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.