SNV is a not-for-profit international development organization with long-term, local presence in more than 30 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our team of local and international advisors work with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development across three sectors: Agriculture, Renewable Energy and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH).
The OYE project is a market-based approach that combines youth competencies with business orientation; it places a premium on youth economic empowerment and entrepreneurship. In Zimbabwe the project started in May 2019, with funding from the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) and the Swedish Embassy in Zimbabwe. The OYE Project is committed to increasing youth employment opportunities in sectors such as agriculture, energy and green jobs. The project's objective is to improve and sustain youth livelihoods through skill and capacity development, while also connecting them to market opportunities for employment and enterprise development in high-growth sectors with significant youth potential. Additionally, the project aims to create direct employment and business opportunities in the agriculture and renewable energy sectors, directly benefiting at least 4,250 people across six Zimbabwean provinces.
Overview of the Position
Reporting to the Country Media and Communications focal person the Media And Communications Officer will be responsible for supporting communications development for the OYE project in Zimbabwe. She or he will be in charge of social media, website updates/content, and newsletter content. The incumbent will be responsible for storyboarding and developing content, as well as engaging and creating content for social media and supporting project awareness campaigns. She or he will also help write and edit blogs as directed by The Media And Communications focal point. She or he will also provide general project support as well as coordination of internal and external communications.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Write and edit well-crafted fact sheets, annual reports, website content, newsletters, brochures, blogs and other communications products;
- Create dynamic content and manage social media platforms for OYE;
- Help organize, produce and maintain content for the project website;
- Coordinate communication activities with partner organizations including Local Service Providers (LSPs) including recording and collecting stories of impact;
- Plan and manage in-person and online events including publication launches, public discussions, webinars and conferences;
- Maintain a calendar of key dates and events of local, national and regional significance to the OYE project, which may require communications support;
- Collaborate with the team in providing general communications and administrative support;
- Drive and monitor growth and engagement across relevant social media platforms;
- Photograph/ film and edit visual content that documents project activities;
- Promote and publicise OYE on internal SNV and external platforms.
Candidate with a degree or diploma in Communications/Media Studies and other relevant qualifications;
- Minimum of 2 years working experience
- Have a deep understanding of Youth programming;
- Possess excellent writing, graphic and visualization skills;
- Have multimedia skills in audio and video editing;
- Demonstrated experience working with stakeholders to build strategic partnerships, especially with media organisations;
- Have good communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and put in extra hours when necessary.
To apply click HERE