Scheme Business Managers X 40 :
- Full Time
We are looking for vibrant and dynamic individuals to fill the Scheme Business Manager positions which has arisen at our organisation.
Reporting to the Regional Manager, the incumbents will be responsible for managing crop production at various schemes.
Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbents’ key responsibilities shall include but not limited to: -
• Development and management of the Scheme.
• Preparation of crop production budgets and estimates according to annual production programmes.
• Soil sampling and fertilizer recommendations for the Scheme.
• Arrangement and logistics of inputs for the Scheme.
• Ensuring timely land preparation for the Scheme.
• Monitoring planting and irrigation schedules and timelines.
• Giving day to day technical advice to Scheme Farmers on production, pest, disease, and weed management, harvesting and post-harvest technology.
• Keeping detailed records regarding fields, customers, crops, and samples.
• Monitoring and evaluating Programs and Crop yield forecasts for Scheme Farmers.
• Coordinating with key-value chain actors to ensure seamless production and marketing of produce.
• Preparation of Weekly and Monthly Reports for Scheme Management Committee.
• Research and Development; and
• Training and facilitating learning opportunities for farmers to ensure best management practices.
Qualifications and Experience
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
• A Diploma in Agriculture.
• Degree in Agronomy/ Crop Science will be an added advantage.
• At least three (3) years’ experience in crop or livestock production and value chain management.
• Clean Class 3/4 Licence a must.
• Ability to ride a Motorbike and work in a rural set-up.
• Must demonstrate technical competence.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, people management and communication skills.
• Result oriented, innovative and an excellent team player.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and to work with minimum supervision.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit their Application Letters clearly indicating the position applied for together with detailed Curriculum Vitae and Certified Copies of Certificates by not later than the 13th of May 2022 to: [email protected]