- Full Time
• Assesses and reviews the company’s financial exposure, risks and opportunities.
• Forecasts to gauge the businesses funding requirements.
• Recommends, evaluates and concludes financing arrangements with banks including seed cotton buying facilities and pre-financing arrangements, supplier financing, overdraft arrangements, long-term loans / debentures and Credit Cards.
• Negotiates favourable financing terms.
• Manages bank relationships (including signatories, new or changing bank facilities, etc.).
• Controls utilization of foreign currency and allocate critical payments against the limited resources.
• Advises on the company's working capital and cash flow management so that the company is able to meet its commitments and conserve its resources in an efficient manner.
• Treasury reporting and day to day transactional management.
• Long-term strategic planning.
• Monitors all departments or sections budgets.
• Prioritizes the need for payments through interface with department heads.
• Carries out weekly risk assessments.
• Supervises Treasury staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
This role is responsible for managing the business funds at acceptable risk levels while ensuring that all commitments and obligations are met.
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
• Professional Qualification e.g. CA, CIMA, CIS a must.
• At least 3-5 years’ experience in a treasury environment.
• Knowledge of accounting packages such as Sage will be an added advantage.
• Working in an agriculture or agro processing industry will also be an added advantage.
How to Apply