1 X Cost And Management Accountant :
- Full Time
We are looking for a vibrant and dynamic individual to fill the above position.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the incumbent will be assisting Senior Business Managers with financial decision-making (business plans and product pricing), prepare management reports, preparing annual budgets and forecasts, and develop and implement strategies to reduce businesses' operational and production costs.
Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent’s key responsibilities shall include but not limited to: -
• Overseeing the Cost Accounting function and ensures compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards.
• Gathering and interpreting historical data to compare budgets with actuals.
• Analyzing key financial data and makes recommendations to Senior Management on to achieve maximum efficiency and effectiveness of systems.
• Developing and implementing cost-effective financial policies and procedures, as well as mitigating financial risks.
• Assists business units in crafting business plans and effective pricing models for the each SBU products and services.
• Accountable for the ongoing analysis of process constraints, target costing projects, margin analysis, and tracing costs back to underlying activities.
• Preparing Management Accounts comparing actual against budgets for the company and each SBU.
• Preparation of the Company’s income and expenditure budgets and Capex Budget including forecasting income and expenditure.
• Managing and overseeing the cost accounting functions.
• Overseeing accounting procedures and supervising cost accounting staff.
• Keeping management informed of regulatory requirements and best practices in management accounting.
Qualifications and Experience
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
• The incumbent should have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent.
• A Chartered Management Accountant (ACMA/CIMA) is preferred.
• A minimum of three (3) years' experience as a Cost Accountant and/or Management Accountant in a related business.
• Proficiency in Business Management and Accounting software including advanced excel for analytics.
• Extensive knowledge of costing methods, accounting standards and other financial accounting regulations.
• Strong reporting, mathematical and analytical aptitude.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Superb leadership, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent presentation skills, collaboration, and communication abilities.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit their Application Letters clearly indicating the position applied for together with detailed Curriculum Vitae and Certified Copies of Certificates by not later than the 10th of May 2022 to: [email protected]