JOB TITLE: Accounts Clerk
CONTRACT TYPE: Fixed Term
The Organisation of Rural Associations for Progress (ORAP) is a leading local NGO involved in development and relief (emergency) work in rural communities in Matabeleland North, Matabeleland South and Midlands provinces. It exists to fight all forms of poverty among the rural and urban grassroots communities of disadvantaged women, men and youth through the empowerment of people by facilitating their development in their diverse cultural contexts.
The vacancy for the upcoming USAID funded Amalima Loko Project. The project seeks to improve food security through increased food access and sustainable watershed management. Its purposes are P1: Enhanced and inclusive local ownership over food security and resilience planning and development, P2: Watershed management improved, P3: Adaptive and absorptive capacity improved
The incumbent will report to the Project Accountant and his/her primary role is to support the Finance department with financial services ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency in offering an effective clerical support in service delivery
Major Duties/Responsibilities include:-
- Preparing and capturing receipts and payments into the accounting system
- Ensuring that all payments are fully accounted for and all relevant supporting documents are attached as per the organisation’s policy and in accordance with the donor regulations
- Preparing bank journals and general ledger journals
- Preparing bank reconciliation statements
- Preparing Vat Analysis Schedules and verifying if Tax Invoices received from suppliers satisfy the statutory regulations
- Liaising with banks on queries and any other dealings with the banks
- Maintaining the organization’s fixed asset register
- Assisting in the end of year Audit preparation
- Performing any other work related duties delegated by the supervisor
- Education: Higher National Diploma in Accounting, A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is an added advantage.
- Technical skills: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, good computational, mathematical and analytical skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word. Exceptional attention to detail and high level of integrity.
- A minimum of 2 years demonstrated experience in a Finance department
- Knowledge of the Cloud ERP Accounting System