Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following vacant position:
ASSISTANT INTERNAL AUDITOR
The incumbent report to the internal Auditor
- Assist the Internal Auditor in determining internal audit scope and developing risk-based annual audit plans,
- Performing the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance withall applicable directives and regulations,
- Performing follow-up procedures to monitor timely implementation of management’s corrective actions
- Conducting special investigations when the need arises.
- Preparing of clear, concise, accurate, detai led internal audit reports which are supported by appropriate audit evidence for implementation by management.
- Managing audits within time and budget allocations to ensure timely use of resources,
- Examine and evaluate the effectiveness and application of risk assessment methodologies and risk management procedures.
- Have excellent communication skills including oral communication, report writing, and presentation skills,
- Have knowledge in how Local Authorities are run,
- Knowledge in enterprise risk management (i.e., risk analysis and control assessment)
- Ability to promote the value of internal audit among key employees within the organization
- Knowledge in auditing, internal audit standards, fraud awareness, and professional ethical standards.
- Keeping abreast with regulatory changes and industry standards
- Problem-solving skills (i.e., conceptual, analytical thinking and evaluation skills)
- A University Degree in Internal Auditing OR Accounting.
- Possession of a relevant professional qualification CIA, ACCA, CIS is an added advantage
- Must be a member of the Institute of Internal Auditors or other relevant professional body
- Proven working experience in internal auditing.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office and PROMUN Accounting Package/Software a must.
Job Application Details
Interested applicants should submit their CVs, certified copies of academic and professional qualifications and should reach the office of the undersigned not later than Friday 12 February 2021.
The Town Clerk
Municipality of Kariba
Please say that you got this job advertisement through Jobs Zimbabwe