Book Development Editor for Mathematics and Science :
- Full Time
Secondary Book Press (Pvt) Ltd is a leading independent publishing company supplying New Curriculum textbooks for primary and secondary schools in Zimbabwe.
Secondary Book Press (Pvt) Ltd Is Inviting applications from suitably qualified personnel to fill in the fulltime post of Book Development Editor for Mathematics and Science.. The incumbent will report to the Managing Editor.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities include
• Proofread and edit spelling. grammar, syntax and style errors in manuscripts.
• Verify content and information.
• Review and revise content for accuracy and quality. Including spelling, grammar. punctuation, and syntax.
• Edit chapters as authors complete them to evaluate style and structure and identify potential
• Fact check manuscripts for historical or technical accuracy.
• Brief authors clearly and in line with the approved concept. work with and support author teams for the duration of the writing period to ensure that content is well written and submitted on time.
• Work thoroughly on the manuscript to ensure suitability of content syllabus match, approach. language level and cultural sensitivity.
Qualifications and Experience
Requirements and qualifications
1. Bachelor's in education Primary/Secondary. Science, Mathematics or related held Is preferred..
2. A post graduate trainee certificate where applicable.
3 Proven teaching experience of at least 3 years.
4. Educational publishing experience is on added advantage.
5. Excellent command of IsiNdebele and English language, with attention to detail, quality control and an ability to engage with content on a detailed level.
6. Ability to own and manage multiple, multi-level projects simultaneously to tight deadlines.
7. Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office is an added advantage.
B. Ability to take initiative and work independently.
How to Apply
On offer is a competitive salary, incentives and other benefits. All interested and qualified candidates must email on application, current CVs, copies of educational/professional qualifications to [email protected] on or before 29 March 2022
••Clearly state the POSITION you are applying for in the subject line of your email•