Employer: KingsleyIrons Recruitment Services
Our Client is one of SA’s best known Retail Companies, with a footprint across SA. They require a business -minded, critical thinker who will work across the business to provide valuable insights for Strategic decision making purposes.
- A degree in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Math, Computer Science, Physics or Engineering
- 2- 4 years’ experience in a Data Scientist, Software developer or Quantitative Analysis role working with some of these skills:
o SQL, Relational DBMS and data modelling
o Numerical packages like R, Python with SciPy, SPSS or SAS
o Software development in backend stacks such as C#, C++ or Java
o Advanced data analysis skills in Excel (e.g. data aggregation, visualisation and pivot tables)
o Applied statistics or machine learning methods e.g. Neural Networks, Decision Trees, Time Series Analyses, Clustering
o Optimisation Techniques e.g. Linear Programming, Genetic Algorithms, Simulated Annealing
o Big Data processing platforms like Hadoop or Spark
- Drive decisions utilizing Cloud data warehouse technologies, advanced visualization and data science
- Extract & analyse historical data and maximise derived value through applying advanced models.
- Turn heaps of data into actionable insight and improved efficiency.
- Use Machine Learning and Optimisation techniques with data to improve processes
- Design tests to evaluate hypotheses
- Communicate insights, results and analyses
- Promote and facilitate data-driven business decisions
For similar vacancies and more exciting opportunities please visit our website or follow us on LinkedIn.
Should you meet the above minimum requirements, please submit your CV and a copy of your ID and Qualifications to [email protected] kingsleyirons.co.za . Please quote the TITLE of this vacancy in the subject line of your email as reference. Our consultants will assess your suitability to the vacancy. Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks please consider your application unsuccessful, however we will retain your CV and details on our database in accordance with POPIA and will contact you in the near future should a suitable position become available.