In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
- Manage the finance team.
- Manage annual budget process, control costs, Capex, debtors, cash flow, Fixed asset register and archiving.
- Ensures that all internal and external reporting requirements are met.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Responsible for effective execution of financial policies and internal controls.
- Professional Accounting qualification – CA with 7 - 10 years post articles or BCom (Masters) with 10 years relevant financial leadership experience or MBA with 5 years relevant financial leadership experience
Seasoned professional with extensive knowledge of financial systems and local legislation.
Industry experience is an advantage
Technical IFRS knowledge and application
Knowledge of applicable tax legislation
Numeric & Analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills – Microsoft office
- Experience working with Dynamics NAV, Hyperion Financial Management is an advantage
- Ability to work under pressure and under minimal supervision.
- Strong work ethic and ability to effectively communicate financial information to Business leaders as well as to Senior management.
- Hands-on and detail oriented.
- Must be a team player with initiative and demonstrated capability to work in a challenging environment.
- Ability to multi-task.
Business and Financial Results Management:
- Management of in-country finance function including management of Foreign Exchange, investment and the borrowing funds and relationships with the banks in conjunction with the Regional Treasury team
- Provide accurate, complete and timely financial reports to all stakeholders
- Provide input into each country’s budgets and monitor budgets to meet company goals
- Seek cost effective ways of achieving company goals
- Review and monitor the vendor service delivery agreements in conjunction with Procurement to ensure the company’s receives value from such contracts
- Proactively participate in Opex and Capex costing tender committees in order to contribute to meeting company objectives in a cost effective manner
- Monitor capital projects to ensure delivery within timelines and without overspend
- Lead the process to find the cost effective and most efficient way to produce a set of financial results through optimum coordination of multi-disciplinary efforts (external audits, internal audits, publishers, IT etc.)
- Ensure that working capital and fixed assets management are recorded, maintained, reconciled and reported upon accurately through effective resource management and monitoring
- Provide thought leadership and input into the development of strategy and structure of the company
- Responsible for sound internal controls and compliance with respect to treasury, credit and procurement processes
- Ensure compliance to all corporate taxes applicable to each company
Stakeholder Relationship Management:
- Interact with direct reports and manager/s and other internal stakeholders in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one’s intentions
- Ensure a customer focused service to internal stakeholders by implementing a system for determining and managing customer needs
- Represent each company to external stakeholders in a way that promotes openness, trust and integrity
- Manage relationships with external stakeholders (eg banks, audit firms) in order to build trust and a conducive environment for negotiating better service rate and terms.
- Deliver annual financial statements on time and at the required level of quality.
- Provide input as respective committees from an Accounting (IFRS), Tax, IFRS and Regulatory perspective.
- Ensure Group performance reporting deadlines and requirements are met.
- Providing financial reports to the business.
- Provide insight into financial performance within validity, accuracy and completeness through implementation of a strong controls environment
- Compile relevant elements of the business review packs by providing the supporting information
- Produce auditable financial statements for the respective reporting periods by developing project plans to achieve the reporting deadlines in compliance with IFRS
- Develop and implement relevant accounting policies in order to produce accurate and complete management accounts on a monthly basis
- Ensure compliance to all the regulatory requirements by keeping abreast of changing regulations and adapting the accounting process within the department accordingly
- Ensure team members understand and support the company’s vision and strategy
- Take accountability for building management expertise in others (management foundation) for team performance and success
- Lead senior recruitment processes to ensure selection contributing to success of team
- Utilise talent management practices to identify and develop future leaders and retain current talent to ensure a pipeline of future leaders and ensure business sustainability
- Ensure self and team members have required skill and professional/ technical expertise by assessing gaps and development areas and creating development plans
- Ensure each direct report has a job profile that with a view of full performance in the job
- Engage and empower direct reports and hold them accountable for business and people management results
- Create performance agreement for direct reports with measurable goals and objectives so that they understand how their performance will be viewed, recognized and rewarded
- Conduct performance review sessions with team members to review performance and progress against targets and agree on appropriate action required to meet targets or standards
- Hold direct reports accountable for performance management in their teams
- Engage with reports in such a way that they feel motivated to achieve better performance and respect for diversity in their teams
- Energize the organisation through effective communication, involvement, engagement, learning and best practice sharing
To apply click here