In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
The Zimbabwe Electoral Commission Capacity Building Project (ZIM-ECO) is an electoral support programme developed by UNDP, which is aligned with the objectives set out in the applicable development framework agreement between Zimbabwe and the United Nations. The programme was a response to a request by the Government of Zimbabwe (GOZ) and the Zimbabwe Electoral Commission (ZEC) for UN capacity building support to ZEC.
The project initiative supports capacity building for ZEC, strengthening of voter registration, developing of a robust voter education programme and effective ZEC engagement with election stakeholders.
The project has three outputs, which are:
- Strengthened institutional and electoral capacity of ZEC to meet its constitutional mandate to ensure sustainability;
- Sustainable voter registration system for the 2018 elections and beyond that is credible and inclusive;
- Enhanced and effective ZEC’s engagement with electoral stakeholders including the eligible voters.
The third output deals with supporting voter education and the Zimbabwe Electoral Commission (ZEC) has the legal mandate to conduct voter education as well as supervising or supporting other organizations implementing voter education  . The essence of carrying out voter education is to empower electorates to make informed decisions about their choices in election of leaders. Civil Society Organizations play a critical role due to their proximity to communities and in view of their non-partisan orientation in attending to their social responsibilities. In addition, at individual level youth play a very supportive role in voter education programs mainly due to their ease of outreach and due to their stake in future investment related to electoral processes.
UNDP supported an extensive Voter Education Program implemented by ZEC during the 2018 Harmonized Elections. This included voter education for the Biometric Voter Registration, voter inspection, candidate nomination and election processes. The campaign used innovative and creative means for voter education by using targeted voter education campaign, creative messaging, print media, electronic media, SMS messages, billboards, radio advertisements and door to door education. This campaign together with mobilization efforts by political parties and CSOs resulted in a historical turnout of 85%. Following the 2018 harmonized elections a post-election review process was started that included the review of the voter education campaign. This post-election review has recommended a series of action and improvements, including the review of the voter education material and development of new material. This consultant services are required for the review and development of the voter education material as ZEC gears up for the 2023 electoral cycle and the boundary delimitation exercise.
In order to support the implementation of these recommendations, the project is recruiting a Voter Education Material Development and Design Consultant. The consultant will support the ZEC Voter Education Department by creating design and layout concepts for voter education materials and training manuals.
 Section 239 Of the Constitution of Zimbabwe
Duties and Responsibilities
Scope of Work:
Development of Materials:
- Design and layout concepts for various print materials for ZEC Voter Education Campaigns including: posters, flyers, brochures, T-shirts, caps, pens, flash drives, gift bags, name tag holders/lanyards, key holders, car stickers, banners, masks, billboards, newspaper adverts, website pages, Internet banners, as well as Facebook and Twitter posts;
- The four campaigns concerned will cover voter registration including inspection, electoral boundary delimitation, election operations under the COVID-19 policy as well as inclusive electoral processes for women, youth and persons with disabilities;
- Design and layout including illustration for the four training handbooks covering Voter Education, voter registration, electoral boundary delimitation and two handbooks for management trainings.
Deliverables and Timeframe:
- Portfolio of Concepts for communications tools in formats suitable for print or digital use for the ZEC voter education campaign on biometric voter registration including inspection;
- Portfolio of Concepts for communications tools in formats suitable for print or digital use for the ZEC voter education campaign on electoral boundary delimitation;
- Portfolio of Concepts for communications tools in formats suitable for print or digital use for the ZEC voter education campaign on electoral operations under the COVID-19 policy;
- Portfolio of Concepts for communications tools in formats suitable for print or digital use for the ZEC voter education campaign on inclusive election processes;
- Submission of the formatted training handbook for voter education as a PDF document;
- Submission of the formatted training handbook for voter registration as a PDF document;
- Submission of the formatted training handbook for boundary delimitation as a PDF document;
- Submission of two formatted training handbooks for management trainings as a PDF document.
Timeline, Reporting and Quality Control for the Assignment
The assignment is expected to take 30 business days. The Consultant will work in close collaboration with ZEC and ZIM-ECO PMU.
Milestone Payment Schedule
- 50% on submission of Portfolio of Concepts for the four voter education campaigns;
- 50% on submission of the five formatted training handbooks.
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the UN’s values and ethical standards (human rights, peace, understanding between peoples and nations, tolerance, integrity, respect, results orientation (UNDP core ethics) impartiality;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Reliability and timeliness in keeping deadlines and delivering high quality products.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communication or related field.
- At least 5 years’ experience in developing communication material;
- Excellent skills in development of communication material.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
Applicants are requested to submit a Technical proposal, including:
- A CV highlighting the relevant experience;
- A brief technical proposal on undertaking the tasks;
- Financial Proposal.
Please group all your documents into one (1) single PDF document as the system only allows you to upload one (1) document.
Incomplete applications will not be given consideration.
Please note that only applicants who are short-listed will be contacted.
The award of the contract shall be made to the Consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as: Responsive/compliant/acceptable; and having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted technical and financial criteria specific to the ToR.
- Technical Criteria weight: 70%;
- Financial Criteria weight: 30%.
To apply click HERE