In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Suitably qualified, experienced and motivated candidates are invited to apply for the position of Internal Control Analyst that has arisen within Steward Bank Finance Department.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following, among others:
- Working with various functional personnel to ensure that internal controls are adequately designed and monitored
- Performing ad-hoc and planned control reviews to assess the adequacy and effectiveness of the control environment and ensure outcomes of reviews are actioned and implemented.
- Ensuring that remediation needs and plans are identified, agreed with process/control owners, and those control deficiencies are tracked and considered in the Risk Register.
- Confirming that financial reporting-related Risk and Control Matrices (RACM’s) and relevant process flow documentation are maintained to reflect any changes in business operations and its risk exposure.
- Ensuring that Process documentation that support the execution of compliance requirements are relevant and consistent.
- Controlling framework design: provide considerations of any changes to business processes/controls and impact on compliance scope and attestation.
- Developing and maintaining internal control documentation and related processes to ensure compliance with control framework.
- Performing Internal Controls testing during different testing cycles.
- Developing and executing technology driven controls testing and reviews.
- Coordinating with internal & external audit, and assisting in the timely closure of any identified improvement opportunities.
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- Degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or Banking will be required
- Post graduate qualification (e.g., MBA /MSC) will be an advantage.
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in a similar or related environment
- Good experience and interest for how technology and systems can support internal control effectiveness and efficiency
- Good understanding and experience with internal control frameworks
- Strong analytical skills includes the ability to spot, assess and address risk, materiality and interdependencies and translate it into impact analysis for financial reporting and recommendations for improvement
- Strong communication skills presenting internal control and risk matters
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including sound presentational skills
- Adaptable to working in a fast paced, ever-changing environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as the ability to work well with stakeholders
- Flexibility in resolving issues and addressing changing priorities
- Highly organized, efficient, detail-oriented and able to multitask.
- Proactive work ethic, unbending moral code and the ability to think analytically.
Interested persons that meet the above requirements should submit soft copies of their CVs to [email protected] with the title, Internal Controls Analyst clearly written in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The closing date for all applications is 13 July 2021