In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Our client in the Mining Sector seeks applications from qualified. experienced and self-driven candidates for the Procurement Officer position,
Purpose of Job
Procurement Officer are responsible for assessing products, services and suppliers and negotiating contracts. ‘They are also responsible for ensuring that approved purchases are of a sufficient quality and are cost-efficient.
- Engages with user departments to create short-term and long-term procurement plans in order to maximize value.
- Manages and controls end-to-end procurement of goods and services to ensure optimum cost and efficient goody services delivery.
- Participates in the development and management of supplier relationships to ensure attainment of good value.
- Manages supplier contracts to ensure compliance and delivery of goods and services.
- Plans, Implements, controls and monitors approved changes to area of responsibilities
- Works closely with project teams to ensure efficient supply of requirements for the attainment of planned project outcomes.
- Ensures compliance and adherence to relevant legislation, company policies and standard operating procedures as set in all procedures.
EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONS SPECIFICATIONS
- Must have a degree in supply chain management or other commercial degree.
- CIP qualification or a postgraduate Masters is an added advantage.
- At least 5 years’ experience in procurement.
- Experience working in the mining industry is an added advantage.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of public procurement.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to engage and manage stakeholders of all levels.
- Ability to negotiate complex contracts for the attainment of real value.