In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Contribute technically to the development of programme strategies in the area of Governance and Women’s Political Participation
- Provide technical inputs to the design and formulation of programme/ project proposals and initiatives related to Governance and Women’s Political Participation
2. Provide technical support to the implementation and management of the Governance and Women’s Political Participation programme
- Provide inputs to the annual workplan and budget as required;
- Coordinate and monitor the implementation of programme activities;
- Coordinate the call/request for proposals, including the organization of technical review committees, and capacity assessment of partners;
- Review and coordinate the submission of implementing partner financial and narrative reports;
- Support the training of partners on Results Based Management.
3. Provide technical assistance and capacity development support to project/programme partners
- Provide technical support to and oversee the implementation of programme activities with partners;
- Identify opportunities for capacity building of partners and coordinate and facilitate technical/ programming support and trainings to partners as needed.
4. Provide technical inputs to the monitoring and reporting of the programme/ project
- Monitor progress on programme activity, results and indicators;
- Monitor the implementation of proposals by responsible partners;
- Provide inputs to quarterly reports, donor reports and other reports on outputs and outcomes.
5. Provide technical inputs to the management of people and finances of the Governance and Women’s Political Participation programme
- Monitor budget implementation and programme activity expenditures and perform budget revisions when required;
- Provide inputs to financial reports;
- Oversee the work of Programme Associates and Assistants as needed.
6. Contribute to building partnerships and resource mobilization strategies
- Provide inputs to resource mobilization strategies; analyze and maintain information and databases;
- Provide inputs to relevant documentation such as project summaries, conference papers, briefing notes, speeches, and donor profiles.
7. Provide technical inputs to inter-agency coordination on Governance and Women’s Political Participation to achieve coherence and alignment of UN Women programmes with other partners in the country
- Provide technical support on inter-agency coordination related activities by providing inputs to background reports and briefs.
8. Provide inputs to advocacy, knowledge building and communication efforts
- Provide technical inputs to background documents, briefs and presentations related to Governance and Women’s Political Participation ;
- Coordinate and support the organization of advocacy activities and campaigns events, trainings, workshops and knowledge products;
- Provide inputs to the development of knowledge management products on Governance and Women’s Political Participation .
Key Performance Indicators:
- Timely and quality inputs to programme design
- Timely and quality inputs to workplans and budgets
- Adherence to UN Women standards and rules
- Timely monitoring and tracking of programme results and finances
- Timely organization of events
- Timely implementation of advocacy and capacity building activities
- Number and quality of knowledge products developed
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Programme formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation skills
- Knowledge of Results Based Management
- Ability to gather and interpret data, reach logical conclusions and present findings
- Good analytical skills
- Good knowledge of gender and Governance, and Women’s Political Participation
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in social sciences, human rights, gender/ women’s studies, international development, or a related field is required
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A project/programme management certification (such as PMP®, PRINCE2®, or MSP®) would be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in development programme/project implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation, donor reporting and capacity building;
- Experience in the Governance and Women’s Political Participation space is an asset;
- Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies and/or donors is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required;
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset;
- All applications must include (as an attachment) a completed UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from http://www.unwomen.org/about-us/employment .
- Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment and candidates are required to include in the P-11 form links for their previously published reports and articles completed within the last two years. Applications without the completed UN Women P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment.
At UN Women, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. UN Women recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, ability, national origin, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, integrity and organizational need.
If you need any reasonable accommodation to support your participation in the recruitment and selection process, please include this information in your application.
UN Women has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UN Women, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to UN Women’s policies and procedures and the standards of conduct expected of UN Women personnel and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. (Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.)
To apply click HERE