The officer is responsible for project activities and will assist the Programme Manager in the implementation of the ‘Resource of Open Minds’ (R.O.O.M) programme under the specific activity of African Crossroads. The position is up the 31 December 2022 with a possibility of extension depending on the availability of funding.
Duties And Responsibilities
Reviews the format and experiences of the past four years of African Crossroads events and activities with the African Crossroads’ Community.
•Coordinates potential new organizational formats and legal frameworks for the African Crossroads Community with a view to enable it to be more independent and self-sustaining.
•Improves the local ownership of African Crossroads and its Pan African ethos and outlook.
•Explores new formats of organic, equitable collaborations with other creatives from different global regions/continents including the African Diaspora.
•Undertakes and expands knowledge production on Pan African issues as they relate to Critical Creative Free Expression, GEDI and Climate Justice.
•Develops fundraising strategies for African Crossroads
Qualifications And Experience
A university degree in Social science, Media or Arts and Culture or related qualification
• 3 or more years working experience of working with creatives and organizing national or regional meetups or other related field
• knowledge of African Union Agenda 2063 and its sub themes.
• Ability to learn quickly and work independently and with minimum guidance.
• Strong communication – especially writing- skills
• Good computer skills
- Job Application Details Please apply before April 24, 2022. If you meet the above-mentioned qualifications (please look carefully), you can apply for this vacancy by filling in a digital application form and adding a cover letter explaining your motivation and your CV. You can find the application form at https://hivos.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=65