In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Qualifications and Experience
Applicants must possess 5 O’ Level passes including English and Mathematics plus a Culinary School
Higher National Diploma and at least 3 years supervisory experience in the catering industry. A degree
in the same field will be an added advantage. Applicants should submit a portfolio of creative unique
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensuring that all food is of excellent quality and served in a timely manner.
• Planning the menu, keeping in mind budget, and availability of seasonal ingredients.
• Overseeing all kitchen operations.
• Organizing duty roster.
• Coordinating kitchen staff and assisting them as required.
• Training staff to prepare and cook all the menu items.
• Taking stock of ingredients and equipment, and placing orders to replenish stock.
• Enforcing safety and sanitation standards in the kitchen.
• Creating new recipes to keep the menu fresh.
• Keeping up to date with industry trends.
• Receiving feedback and making improvements where necessary.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Expert multitasking ability.
• Great leadership and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to run stocktaking and place orders for resupply.
• Exemplary work ethic in a high-pressure environment.
• Passion and pride for delighting people with food.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Applications, which should include a curriculum vitae (giving full personal particulars of the applicant including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications, employment and experience, present salary, telephone numbers and the names, addresses (including email) and telephone numbers of three contactable referees) and copies of certificates must be addressed to: The Senior Assistant Registrar Human Resources Department National University of Science and Technology P O Box AC 939 Ascot Bulawayo, ZIMBABWE And emailed to: [email protected] in a single pdf file clearly indicating the position being applied for in the subject line. The National University of Science and Technology is an equal opportunity employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply. The closing date for receipt of applications is Monday 12 July 2021. ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.