We are looking for a hands-on Chef.
As the leading integrated facilities solutions provider in Africa and the Middle East, operating in over 28 countries, with over 40 000 employees, the Tsebo Solutions Group enables businesses to optimise their efficiency and productivity, and become more successful. We take responsibility of our customers’ non-core activities outside of their expertise, empowering them to focus on their core business. Our local expertise, global standards and innovative cross-divisional solutions, such as catering, cleaning, facility management and security, give us the edge to optimise our customers non-core operations, allowing them to enjoy reduced cost, risk and complexity.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepares and cooks meats, fish, vegetables, gravies, cereals, soups, fruits, bakery products and other forms of food.
• Prepares and cooks food for special diets from recipes formulated by qualified personnel.
• Assists in the preparation and presentation of food, salads and desserts, serves food as required.
• Notifies supervisor of food and supplies needed. Checks in food and supplies as necessary.
• Cleans kitchen, kitchen utensils and equipment; secures refrigerator and freezer.
• Maintains maximum standards of sanitation and safety.
• Performs other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
• Ensuring correct portion control are adhered to.
• Ensuring the food is delivered timeously.
• Flexible to work overtime when required.
• Stay abreast with food trends as well as best practices.
• May be required to assist with any other duties that may be outside scope of responsibility.
Qualifications and Experience
• O Level.
• Culinary qualification or Professional Cookery qualification.
• Proven cooking experience.
How to Apply
Applications should be clearly marked with the position applied for in the email subject line.
Receiving Email: [email protected]
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.