Chef / Cook :
- Full Time
• Direct the preparation, seasoning and cooking of salads, soups, fish, meats, vegetables, desserts, or other foods.
• Plan and price menu items, orders supplies, and keep records of stocks.
• Supervises and participate in cooking and baking and the preparation of foods.
• Must participate in checking of all purchased supplies for quality and account for each delivered item.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Must maintain proper consistency in food quality and service between on the day and night shift.
• Cook meals in large quantities.
• Direct and coordinate food or beverage preparation.
• Investigate customer complaints.
• Maintain production or work records.
• Price items on menu.
• Modify work procedures or processes to meet deadlines.
• Direct and coordinate activities of other kitchen workers or staff.
• Estimate materials or labour requirements.
• Use oral and written communication techniques.
• Inspect facilities or equipment for regulatory compliance.
• Oversee work progress to verify safety or conformance to standards.
• Plan menus.
• Requisition stock, materials, supplies or equipment on time.
• Resolve or assist workers to resolve work problems.
Qualifications and Experience
At least a cookery/chef certificate
• Proven experience as cook/chef
• Experience in using cutting tools, cookware and bake ware
• Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling etc.)
• Ability to follow all sanitation procedures
• Ability to work in a team
• Good communication skills
How to Apply
Applicants should submit their certified copies of academic and professional certificates together with their CVs to: [email protected]