WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
These jobs are found in WFP warehouses. The job holders report to the Storekeeper.
To tally commodities and assist in stacking and physical inventory activities to maximise accuracy and efficiency of commodity management.
Tally Assistant SC2 (147665)
Duties and Responsibilities
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Tally receipt/dispatch of commodities including transformation of commodities during internal milling operations, identify and report to the supervisor any anomalies, to support accurate and effective commodity management in the warehouse.
2. Implement and maintain accurate stacking and assist in conducting periodic physical inventory checks following the established guidelines and standards, to support compliance with internal control procedures and systems.
3. Prepare accurate tally reports including efficient preparation and distribution of tally sheets to relevant parties, to ensure consistent and prompt accountability for commodity movement from/to and storage in the warehouse.
4. Supervise the warehouse cleaning after loading/unloading and reconstitution exercises, to ensure WFP warehouse meets the established standards.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Builds an understanding of WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
Be a force for positive change: Approaches individual tasks and responsibilities with a positive attitude and demeanor.
Make the mission inspiring to our team: Understands the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities.
Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Connects individual tasks and responsibilities to unit’s goals and mission.
Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Seeks opportunities to build and enhance individual skills.
Create an inclusive culture: Demonstrates respect and understanding for diversity and cultural differences.
Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Identifies and approaches colleagues or supervisors to serve as coaches.
Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Sets clear goals and measurable targets for own tasks and responsibilities.
Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Assesses own tasks and responsibilities to find ways to be more efficient.
Focus on getting results: Maintains accurate records of completion times and tasks in own areas of responsibility.
Make commitments and make good on commitments: Understands responsibilities and the metrics associated with own tasks.
Be Decisive: Notifies supervisors of dangerous situations or potential issues that may arise while in the field or office.
Connect and share across WFP units: Understands WFP’s organizational structure, including the purpose and mission of each unit.
Build strong external partnerships: Supports team in working with colleagues and WFP’s partners in the field toward common goals.
Be politically agile & adaptable: Maintains a professional and courteous relationship with other WFP employees and partners in the field.
Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Understands own team’s contributions in its partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
Qualifications and Experience
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education.
Language: Fluency (level C) in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
This section is optional to describe additional responsibilities & knowledge required for the specific job.
reliable working environment.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Experience in conducting basic logistics activities (tallying).
How to Apply
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
View more information