- Full Time
Umfurudzi Park (Put) Ltd is a joint venture company, jointly owned by Zimbabwe Parks and Wildlife Management Authority and Pioneer Travel and Tours (Put) Ltd. The joint venture commenced in 2010 and has been highly successful in transforming Umfurudzi Safari Area Into a sustainable wildlife management model. Umfurudzi Park spans 76,000 hectares and is located 150km to the north east of Harare, in the Shamva District. Umfurudzi Park (Put) Ltd is seeking to fill the position of Accountant, reporting to the Umfurudzi Park Manager. The Accountant will form part of a small management team including a Community Liaison Officer, Wildlife Officer, Ecologist, Senior Ranger and a Tourism Manager,
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the above position at Umfurudzi Park (Put) Ltd. The incumbent will report to the Park Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Review the appropriateness of financial transactions and posts journals
• Supervise and/or carrying out bank reconciliations, creditors reconciliations and cash account reconciliations
• Prepare annual financial statements and annual reports
• Assist the Park Manager in preparation of budgets
• Supervise funds clerical staff
• Supervise the maintenance and/or updating of inventory records
• Ensuring that the General ledger is timeously and appropriately updated
• Maintenance and/or updating of debtors accounts
• Supervise and/or processing of salaries journals
• Assist the Park Manager in preparation of cashflow projections
• Preparing and/or assist in the preparation of adhoc, monthly, quarterly and annual accounts and reports
• Liaises with auditors
• Supervises revenue collection
• Upholds and improves on internal control systems that safeguards the maintenance of Umfurudzi Park's Assets
• Processing payroll for Umfurudzi parks Staff
Qualifications and Experience
• A minimum of 5 "0" levels including English and Mathematics.
• Degree in Accountancy, any related business degree with an accredited institution of higher learning.
• Membership of a professional body registered with the PAAB or Degree or Masters is an added advantage
• A minimum of two years' experience in a relevant clerical/bookkeeping position is an added advantage
• Knowledge of any accounting package such as QuickBooks or Pastel is a must
• Knowledge of IFRS/IAS/PFMS and Income Tax Act.
How to Apply
Applications should include the following documents: • Application letter • Copies of academic/professional qualifications • For applicants studying towards degrees their applications must include current statement of results for completed levels
Interested candidates should submit their written applications together with detailed CVs to:
The Board Chair, Umfurudzi Park Email: [email protected]
Applications close 10 June, 2022 Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Park covers an area of 76000 ha (760 square km) of incredible natural beauty and bio diversity. The Park was formed in 1981, and is the first Park to be formed under the newly formed free Zi...