In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Duties and responsibilities
The Assistant Secretary will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Updating the Members’ register (electronic and hard copy);
- Receiving applications for registration and recording them into the registration book and update the same;
- Open files for the member to be registered and circulate the application for registrations for members’ comments using the determined template;
- Carrying out background checks on all application for registrations as part of due diligence;
- Dispatch application for registration correspondences to the applicants with the endorsement certificate issued by the Executive Secretary;
- Follow up on court orders and certificates of registration from the applicants and transmitting the same to the Departmental Secretary and Registry Clerk for updating of the Members’ register;
- Assists with complaints handling and case management, including case diarisation for allocated matters and all other correspondences to be dispatched to the DEC;
- Data capturing and maintenance of the Law Society of Zimbabwe database (both complaints and members’ database) – including all hard copy information / correspondences into the system and the conveying of the same to the relevant officers;
- Maintaining the Regulation Registry filing, retrieving and tracing unreturned files;
- Assisting in the physical and electronic archiving;
- File the Personal Details Forms (PDFs) and update the members’ details on the Electronic Member; Management System (MMS);
- Carrying out any other duties as assigned.
- At least four (4) years in a similar environment or a law firm set up;
- Experience in law firm or legal affairs administration a must;
- Excellent typing skills, accuracy and completeness;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Information management skills including excellent filing and diarisation of cases;
- Ability to handle sensitive information with utmost confidentiality;
- Ability to complete tasks with minimum supervision.
- At least five (5) O levels including English;
- Higher National Diploma in Secretarial studies from a recognised institution;
- An administration degree will be an added advantage;
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office packages (in particular Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher), Database and Internet, emailing.
Interested qualified applicants email their Application Letter (indicating remuneration expectations), Curriculum Vitae (as a single document) together with certified copies of their academic and professional qualifications (as a second single document) to [email protected] and copy to [email protected]