The Public Service Commission is inviting applications from suitably qualified job seekers to fill following posts in the Ministry of National Housing and Social Amenities:
POST: DEPUTY DIRECTOR, MONITORING AND EVALUATION
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR STRATEGIC POLICY PLANNING, MONITORING & EVALUATION
STATION: HEAD OFFICE
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recommend the review’ of policies, strategies, projects and programmes being implemented by the Ministry to the Director.
- Develop and manage effective monitoring and evaluation tools and systems for the Ministry.
- Spearhead the monitoring and evaluation of Ministry projects and programmes and analyse their impact based on the intended objectives.
- Manage the development and maintenance of an updated electronic database of all programmes and projects being implemented in the Ministry.
- Co-ordinate the establishment and implementation of an effective monitoring and evaluation system for the Ministry.
- Coordinate the conduct of market research into factors likely to impact on the Ministry’s achievement of strategic goals and recommend remedial action.
- Develop and evaluate quantitative and qualitative research methods to be used in projects and programmes appraisal within the Ministry.
- Coordinate the analysis of reports from the various Ministry Departments, Provinces and Districts and produce reports.
QUALIFICATIONS, COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- A Degree in Project Management, Monitoring and Evaluation, Strategic Management or equivalent.
- A Master’s Degree in the above is an added advantage.
- A minimum of eight (8) years relevant professional experience in project planning, implementation and management, three (3) years of which must be at Principal Officer Level.
- A high degree of maturity, self-discipline, initiative and creativity.
- Extensive planning, organization, analytical and project management abilities.
- Must have a good understanding of Ministerial functions and Government operations.
- A thorough understanding of national development imperatives.
- Well-developed communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- A good team leader.
- Computer literacy.
Job Application Details
Candidates, [especially women], with relevant long-term experience at senior levels in the private sector or in the non-state enterprises domain within and outside Zimbabwe are encouraged to apply.
Application letters, including detailed CVs and copies of certificates should reach the Public Service Commission by 31st of July 2020 and should be addressed to:
Public Service Commission
6111 Floor, Social Security Centre
Corner Sam Nujoma Street Julius Nyerere Way