A company based in Beitbridge is looking for a young, energetic, skilled and confident Electrician, the ideal candidate should be a qualified Class 1(One) Electrician with at least 2 – 3 years’ experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure all electrical equipment and systems operate in a safe and efficient manner including but not limited to:
1) Site lighting and control systems 2) Building electrical and electronic systems – 3) Site high and low voltage reticulation systems - Power generation systems.
• Minimize electrical equipment and electrical system downtime.
• Carry out minor electrical / wiring installation work in compliance with current standards including new electrical installation work.
• Carry out regulatory electrical safety inspections such as testing of hand operated power tools and testing of earth leakage circuit breakers
• Complete regular electrical safety inspections according to schedule.
• Complete routine maintenance procedures
• Ensure electrical maintenance work is recorded (e.g. meter readings, drawing amendments, collating and recording electrical safety inspection results) and kept up-to-date
• Ensure reports assigned are prepared within stipulated time frame and checked for accuracy of content and quality of content and form
• Periodic inspection & maintenance of all generation, transmission, and distribution systems
• Daily maintenance of safe housekeeping practices at the Electrical Workshop
• Provide technical input on team assignments and activities
• Provide technical assistance in fault investigations and root cause analysis
• Identify, assess & manage impacts and risks associated with tasks carried out by the team and assist in mitigation measures
• Inspect and test components of electrical systems, including transformers, transfer switches and switch gears
• Complete work orders and record material utilized on jobs
• Run computer cables, connect computer jacks and plugs and test for adequate operation
• Utilize blueprints, wiring diagrams and manufacturer’s installation manuals to complete assigned projects
• Survey electrical systems, circuits, and plans
• Read and understand blueprints or technical diagrams of electrical systems that show the location of circuits, outlets, and other equipment
• Create awareness and educate internal stakeholders with systems, processes, and procedures of the Tech Department
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should send detailed CVs to [email protected] no later than 06June 2022. PLEASE NOTE. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.