The HR Assistant works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and projects’ staff in the CO staff for resolving basic HR-related issues and information exchange.
Duties and Responsibilities
Ensures implementation of HR strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Assist in ensuring the full compliance of records and reports with UN rules, regulations, UNDP policies, procedures and strategies; effective implementation of the internal control framework.
• Support the maintenance of an organized physical and electronic filing system of all HR records
• Preparation of correspondence as requested
• Ensure the updating of staff lists
Implements HR services focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Preparation of draft job descriptions, vacancy announcements, compiling matrixes, performing functions of Secretary in interview panels.
• Support in payroll processing as required.
• Provision of support in inputting and tracking of all transactions related to positions, recruitment, benefits, earnings/deductions, retroactivities, recoveries, adjustments and separations through Atlas.
• Support in the preparation of submissions to the Corporate Review Panel (CRP) and Corporate Review Board (CRB)
• Maintenance of the rosters including e-rosters.
• Support the compilation of cost-recovery charges in Atlas for HR services provided by UNDP to other Agencies.
Ensures proper staff performance management and career development focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Provision of background information to TRG.
• Provision of background information for drafting Whole Office Learning plan and individual learning plans.
Ensures conduct of UN-related surveys focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Provision of support in collection of information and preparation of reports for comprehensive and interim local salary, hardship and place-to-place surveys
Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Participation in the trainings for the operations/projects staff on HR.
• Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in HR.
Qualifications and Experience
Ability to make new and useful ideas work Level 2: Analyzes complex technical materials (including data) and makes concise, relevant recommendations
Ability to persuade others to follow Level 2: Proactively identifies new opportunities and challenges
Ability to improve performance and satisfaction Level 2: Takes ownership of responsibilities
Ability to listen, adapt, persuade, and transform Level 2: Understands, explains and shares information on assigned tasks with accuracy and clarity
Required Skills and Experience
• Secondary Education with specialized certification in HR.
• University Degree in Business or Public Administration would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
• UNDP HR Certification will be an added advantage
• 5 years of relevant HR and/or administrative experience is required at the national or international level in Human Resources Management.
• Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and experience in handling of web-based management systems.
• Sound experience in maintaining organized filing systems.
• Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills.
• Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing.
• Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel.
• UN/ UNDP relevant experience highly desirable.
• Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station.
Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement Level 2: Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services;
How to Apply
Apply online, visit the website below.