In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Duration: 3 months with possibility of extension
Duty Station: Harare, Zimbabwe
Classification: General Service Staff, UG
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term Ungraded, 3 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Reference Number: CFA2021/005
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Working Under the overall guidance of the Chief of Mission (CoM) and under the direct supervision of the Resource Management officer (RMO)while maintaining close collaboration with Programme Managers in IOM Zimbabwe, and the Global Procurement and Supply Unit (GPSU) in the Manila Administrative Centre, the successful candidate will be accountable and responsible for ensuring the appropriate implementation of IOM Instructions and procedures governing procurement & logistics in the Mission. S/he will be responsible and accountable for providing support to ongoing activities with procurement and logistics services of the mission and its sub-offices. S/he will also contribute to providing recommendations aiming at increasing effectiveness and efficiency of procurement management in IOM Zimbabwe Mission, measured by IOM Procurement and Supply Objectives and Goals as follows:
- Best Value Sourcing and Value for Money;
- Availability and Quality Assurance;
- Compliance and Stewardship;
- Productivity and Efficiency.
The Logistics & Procurement Unit provides procurement/contracting, facilities management and vehicle fleet management support to the mission.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- In coordination with the head of units, be responsible for the implementation of procurement, logistics, facilities maintenance, asset administration, warehousing, and transport support within established internal control mechanisms.
- Review and analyzes solicited bids and quotations for conformity to specify requirements, screen, and clear high risk/high value procurement request for goods/works and services, conduct appraisals and select competitive suppliers in line with the procurement rules and regulations;
- Liaise with Project Managers and Head of Sub- Offices regarding procurement and service requests, requirements and plans, compiles list of sources of procurement, request for quotations and proposal for bids and liaise with potential suppliers;
- Follow-up on purchase orders status and keep client/unit department/program staff abreast of estimated time of delivery or any changes that may affect or modify the predetermined delivery conditions.
- Ensure all expected merchandise is received in accordance with PO specifications, and that all goods are in good condition;
- Review and coordinate with LEG Department on the clearance of all service contracts and agreements ensuring that drafts are cleared by Legal Department;
- Be responsible for the monitoring / maintaining the database of vendor/contractor accreditation and evaluation status to ensure a pool reliable vendors and contractors to address the needs of the Mission;
- In coordination with the Head of Units, be responsible for the implementation of permanent procedures for procurement, warehouse operations and asset administration that are compliant to IOM’s general instructions, policies and donor requirements;
- Establish and monitor a tracking system for commodities, supplies, equipment and project assets in various sub-offices;
- Ensure all Purchase Requisitions (PRs) and Purchase Orders (POs) are encoded into PRISM FI accurately and timely; properly capture all procurement requests and commitments in the system;
- Provide response within capacity to the operational demands of IOM Zimbabwe;
- Build capacity of the procurement and logistics assistants in IOM Zimbabwe ensuring that they conform to established procedures.
- Assist in producing monthly and regular reports, in coordination with the Head of Unit, elevating any misconduct, disciplinary issues with the Unit Head prior to further coordination as required;
- Liaise timely and persistently with the relevant line ministries and other offices to get import licenses, clearances and permits of goods services, and other necessary resources required for the implementation of the mission’s program;
- Organize, maintain, delegate, and supervise proper procurement and filing systems;
- Undertake frequent duty travel relating to Programme activities, as required;
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Desired qualifications (Education, experience, and competencies)
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Logistics,
- Procurement or a related field from an accredited academic institution or University degree in the above fields with two years of relevant professional experience;
- Certification in Procurement, Logistics or Supply Chain management is an advantage;
- Experience working on complex projects, with a demonstrated record of meeting deadlines;
- Knowledge of asset management processes and procedures.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity – respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible;
- Integrity and transparency – maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct;
- Professionalism – demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies (behavioral indicators)
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticism;
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with clients and stakeholders;
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
- Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter;
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions.
- Leadership – Provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example, and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision. Assists others to realize and develop their potential;
- Empowering others & building trust – Creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential;
- Strategic thinking & vision – Works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to [email protected] referring to this advertisement.
Female candidates who are qualified and experienced are especially encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. An appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment No late applications will be accepted.