Receptionist - Bulawayo & Central Office
The Receptionist is responsible for all the front office support at the OPHID office in liaison with the Procurement and Logistics Manage; and any other duties as may be assigned
- Answer, screen and direct telephone calls to the relevant departments in a professional manner, by answering calls within 3 rings to ensure that they are processed as soon as possible thereby protecting the image of the organization, and screening the calls and so that staff members are not overwhelmed by unnecessary calls and visitors.
- Make calls for and relay messages to all members of staff timeously by dialling numbers and writing down messages and distribute these to the relevant people.
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception and liaising with security officers to restrict access at the main gate.
- Receive visitors, provide information to callers and deal with queries greeting visitors and giving information on what OPHID does as well as information on the whereabouts of staff members.
- Receive, sort and deliver mail as well as send mail to various stakeholders, by distributing various mail correspondences internally and externally making sure that mail distributed outside the organization are logged in the logbook so that they are traceable.
- Creation and maintenance of files for all relevant documents, to ensure easy access to staff information
- Raise requisitions for various stationery items needed in the day to day running of the office.
- Issue out the stationery using the stationery requisition forms to ensure that the stationery usage is traceable and keep a record of the stationery movement by filing the filled in requisition forms and an electronic copy.
- Reorder before the stationery runs out by filling in the requisition form, get it to be approved to ensure that there are no stationery shortages.
- Ensure that all documents are timeously delivered
- Create and maintain a tracking system to the delivery and receipt of all documents
- Coordinate meetings and organizing catering
- Supporting coordination of meetings requirements, by ensuring the availability of venue, stationery, refreshments, and equipment to ensure meeting take place smoothly
- 5 O-Level passes including English language
- At least a Diploma in Secretarial Studies or equivalent
- Proficiency in MS Packages
- At least 1 year experience
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good interpersonal skills
- A self-starter able to work with little supervision
- Excellent computer skills e.g. Ms Word, excel
To apply click HERE