School Secretary: Hermann Gmeiner Group of Schools :
- Full Time
The Office Secretary role provides executive support to the Head of school‘s office as well as routine office admnistration support. This is a one year fixed term position for Hermann Gmeiner Secondary School Bindura.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform all private/confidential secretarial filing and reception work for the High School Office.
• Answer questions from and act as liaison between the Head of School and other employees, students and parents.
• Drafts routine correspondence.
• Input information into and monitor the Pastel.
• Identify and prioritize critical activities and manage work schedule to accomplish tasks.
• Proof read written correspondence for errors or omissions to ensure accuracy, completeness, neatness and professionalism.
• Communicate and relay information clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, to the High School Principal and other staff members.
• Manage Principal’s calendar by making appointments and organizing various meetings as requested.
• Draft meeting minutes and keep Minutes as requested.
• Follow up to ensure that all agreed actions from meetings are completed timeously
• Research, compile and prepare administrative and clerical reports, presentations and documents using MS Word, PowerPoint or Excel.
• Control and check leave applications for staff and process forms through the Human Resources Office.
• Provides Support in organizing various school functions and events.
• Prepare, correlate and monitor requisitions and signatures for procurement. Compile, monitor and maintain a variety of financial and statistical records and accounts related to school activities.
• Independently plan and manage maintenance and report preparation.
• Prepare payment requisitions for processing payment of invoices and reimbursements for high school staff members in accordance with standard procedures in the Business Office.
• Arrange substitutes for teachers who are absent or on leave.
• Assist teachers with maintenance requests.
• Liaise with Activities Coordinator to make travel arrangements for staff and students
• Provide support in emergency drills or actual events.
• Complete other duties as assigned by the High School Principal or High School Coordinator.
Qualifications and Experience
• Executive Secretarial Diploma
• Minimum of 3 years of executive secretarial experience, preferably in a school
• Skills using Microsoft Word 7, Excel, PowerPoint and other programs
• Experience using a school data base like Pastel.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Mature, empathetic and professional in dealing with students and parents
• Independent self-starter with attention to detail
• Possesses integrity and ability to maintain accurate and confidential records
• Able to collaborate with and motivate others
• Flexible and accepts change
• Ability to multi-task
How to Apply
Applications with curriculum vitae (CV), and photocopies of academic certificates should be submitted electronically indicating the position you are applying for in the subject line and send to the address given. All applications should be submitted not later than 7 January 2022. Please note that applications will be screened as they come in and suitable candidates will be shortlisted for selection process
Parallel to technical competence, recruitment, selection and hiring decisions will give due emphasize to assessing candidates value congruence and thorough background checks, police clearance reference check processes.
Applications that are late do not have a CV or certificates attached will be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications including at least three traceable referees should be sent to: