Job description - Book Binders
We are also inviting applications from suitably qualified personnel to fill in the posts of Book Binders. The incumbents will report to the Production Manager. The duties and responsibilities include:
Duties and Responsibilities
• Cutting papers to size using hand and machine cutting tools.
• Gluing and stitching components into the cover using manual or automatic machines.
• Attaching end-papers to the body of the book.
• Trimming book edges to size.
• Weighing and stacking books for stocking.
• Ensure quality and durability of bound or laminated products.
Qualifications and Experience
Requirements and qualifications
• A Certificate/Diploma in Print Origination or related field is preferred.
• At least 5 years working experience in the printing industry is a must.
• Knowledge of colour management for offset/digital printing to achieve high quality output.
• Computer and analytical skills.
• Understand aspects of print finishing for offset or digital and wide format print.
How to Apply
All interested and qualified candidates must email their application, current CVs, copies of educational or professional qualifications to [email protected] on or before 16 June 2021.
**Clearly state the POSITION you are applying for in the subject line of your email**