Secondary Book Press (Pvt) Ltd is a leading independent publishing company supplying New Curriculum textbooks for primary and secondary schools in Zimbabwe.
Job description - Book Printers
Secondary Book Press (Pvt) Ltd is inviting applications from suitably qualified personnel to fill in the posts of
Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbents will report to the Production Manager. The duties and responsibilities include:
• Operate offset and/or digital printing machines in the production plant.
• Prepare machines for printing.
• Monitor print operations and keep the paper feeders well stocked.
• Correct paper tears or jams.
• Set up, monitor, and adjust the printing process.
• Collect random samples and inspect them during print runs to determine if any adjustments need to
be made and make such adjustments as needed.
• Remove printed materials from printers and carry them to storage or finishing areas.
Qualifications and Experience
Requirements and qualifications
• A Certificate/Diploma in Print Origination or related field is preferred.
• At least 5 years working experience in the printing industry is a must.
• Knowledge of colour management for offset/digital printing to achieve high quality output.
• Computer and analytical skills.
• Understand aspects of print finishing for offset or digital and wide format print.
How to Apply
All interested and qualified candidates must email their application, current CVs, copies of educational or professional qualifications to [email protected] on or before 16 June 2021.
**Clearly state the POSITION you are applying for in the subject line of your email**