Financial Accountant :
- Full Time
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the above vacancy that has arisen within First Mutual Life Assurance Company.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Management of general ledger and reconciliation of system data.
• Preparation of statutory financial statements and Annual Report in compliance with IFRS and Companies Act including consolidated financial statements.
• Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual management reports.
• Preparation of monthly, quarterly Er annual statutory returns.
• Preparation of budgets & budgetary control.
• Preparation of asset build-ups and asset splits per product for actuarial valuation purposes.
• Lead submission of data for actuarial valuation process in liaison with technical accountants and operations.
• Handling the annual external audit process.
• Performing day-to-day supervision of the finance team.
Qualifications and Experience
• A first degree in Accountancy or equivalent.
• A professional qualification in Accounting e.g., CA (Z), ACCA or progress towards attainment of such is a distinct advantage.
• Four (4) years' work experience in a similar role or related environment in a life office or relevant Articles of Clerkship experience.
How to Apply
Candidates meeting the above criteria should forward their Curriculum Vitaes (CVs), copies of certificates and application letters to Group Human Resources via the following email address:
Applications should be sent by not later than 12 November 2021