Lafarge Cement Zimbabwe Is Looking for an Internal Control Officer
Duties and Responsibilities
The Internal Control Officer will be responsible for the following:
• Complying with applicable internal control standards and responsibilities ensuring that prescribed standards are designed and operating effectively.
• Coordinating spot checks and spot counts.
• Operating all activities in line with documented Lafarge policy and procedures
• Assisting in the updating of procedures in line with defined Group policies.
• Supporting Internal Control Manager in coordinating any internal control project in line with project schedule and methodologies.
• Preparing reports on internal control reviews/audits.
• Coordinating preparations of the annual Internal Control Plan (ICP)
• Supporting Internal Control Manager in identifying risks and ensure that related action plans are defined,
• Assisting Internal Control Manager in evaluating the internal control environment
• Supporting implementation of segregation of duties
• In case of fraud, supporting BU management in investigations, definition and tracking of corrective action plans,
• Assisting with Group Audit on the follow-up of action plans from their audit recommendations,
Qualifications and Experience
• Internal Audit/ Controls/ Accounting Diploma
• Minimum 3-5 years’ experience with a Large MNC (Multi National Company)
Internal Control Officer needs to also possess the following:
• High level of analytical & performance management skills and attention to detail.
• Good computer knowledge, exposure to an ERP environment and reporting tools. Excellent knowledge of spreadsheets and other Microsoft office applications is essential.
• Project management skills
• Proficiency in Process improvement methodology
• Business Process design knowledge
How to Apply
Individuals who meet the basic requirements and are interested in this challenging career opportunity should send applications to [email protected] or download the LHRecruit app from google play store and apply for the vacancies by 5 September 2021.