The Zimbabwe Open University (ZOU) is the largest and comprehensive Open & Distance Electronic-Learning (ODeL) university in Zimbabwe that offers lifelong learning in an affordable and flexible manner. Suitably qualified, experienced and motivated candidates are invited to apply for vacant positions that have arisen in the Zimbabwe Open University. The incumbent will report to the Manager, Corporate Planning.
Duties and Responsibilities
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Developing, monitoring, inspecting and evaluating procedures for all University plans;
• Monitoring all planned activities, expenditures and progress towards achieving planned output;
• Developing, monitoring and impacting indicators for the success of University plans;
• Monitoring and evaluating overall progress on implementation of strategic and other plans for desired results;
• Monitoring the sustainability of the planned results;
• Providing feedback to the Manager on sustainability of University plans, strategies and activities;
• Suggesting strategies to the Manager for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of each plan by identifying bottlenecks in completing project activities and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks (Theory of Constraints approach);
• Reporting monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress on all planned activities to the Manager;
• Conducting capacity assessment on existing monitoring and evaluation system;
• Participating in annual plan reviews and planning workshops and assist the Manager in preparing relevant reports for these activities;
• Supporting, monitoring and evaluation of the effects and impact of University plans;
• Performing any other duties as assigned by the Manager.
Qualifications and Experience
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Development Studies or Economics;
• At least two (2) years post qualification relevant experience.
How to Apply
WOMEN CANDIDATES AND THE DIFFERENTLY ABLED PERSONS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT MEET THE STIPULATED REQUIREMENTS NEED NOT APPLY.
Interested and qualified persons should submit their applications consisting of the following documents: application letter, certified educational and professional certificates as well as transcripts and curriculum
vitae with contact details (telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of at least three (3) referees as follows;
EITHER • in PDF format as a single document to: [email protected]
• as hard copies which consist of ten (10) sets of each of the above listed documents. All envelopes should clearly indicate the post being applied
Applications should be received not later than 3 July 2021.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Director, Human Resources
Zimbabwe Open University or Hand delivered to
P O Box MP 1119 4th Floor
Mount Pleasant Corner House
Harare Cnr Samora Machel and Leopold