Administrative/Finance Manager for an anticipated USAID OVC Project :
- Full Time
Development Aid from People to People Zimbabwe (DAPP) is in search of a qualified Administrative/Finance Manager for an anticipated USAID-funded Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) project to reduce vulnerabilities associated with HIV and gender-based violence (GBV) among OVC and adolescent girls and young women (AGYW). DAPP is an experienced, local implementer of integrated and layered community health and development activities that address root causes of pressing issues affecting OVC and their caregivers in both urban and rural areas, including high HIV and TB burden districts.
About the Position
The Administrative/Finance Manager will be responsible for overseeing the daily administrative/finance operations, including regulatory budget monitoring and reporting following donor regulations. S/he will ensure the best use of resources to maximize impacts in the most cost-effective way. The selection of the applicant is subject to USAID approval. Salary and benefits will commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensures finance and administration policies and procedures are consistently upheld;
• Supports and supervises staff to carry out day-to-day finance and administrative functions;
• Leads documentation, stewardship and accountability of financial transactions, ensuring budgets and forecasts are prepared and submitted on time;
• Conducts spot checks to ensure that project expenses are being tracked in compliance with financial control and operational systems;
• Provides technical assistance to sub-contracted local partners to strengthen financial and operational systems;
• Ensures an integrated approach to programming through regular, accurate and timely financial information sharing with the project stakeholders for collective decision making;
• Prepares expenditure reports per set deadlines;
• Ensures the integrity of the project accounting systems by conducting systematic reviews and evaluations of internal accounting and control procedures, coordinating responses to audit recommendations, and developing corrective measures if needed.
Qualifications and Experience
• A degree in finance, business management, accounting or related field is required, or a related Bachelors’ degree with ACCA or CIMA qualification;
• A minimum of 5 years of experience managing medium to large USAID-funded grants, cooperative agreements or contracts;
• Knowledge of USG financial management rules and regulations;
• Experience managing and building the capacity of a finance team and local partners to meet compliance standards and build robust financial systems;
• Conversant with widely used accounting packages for health and development programs;
• High level of attention to detail, ability to multitask and work well under pressure;
• Strong analytical and interpersonal skills;
• Ability to work under pressure and in a culturally sensitive environment, and as a team member, taking on additional tasks as needed to ensure the overall success of the project.
How to Apply
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV/resume to [email protected] copying [email protected] highlighting their qualifications and reason for interest in this position, by 1 May 2022, 5pm CAT. Please state “Admin/Finance Manager - OVC” in the subject line.
Zimbabwe nationals are strongly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.