CURE Children’s Hospital of Zimbabwe is a specialised paediatric orthopaedic hospital in Bulawayo. The organisation is currently looking for a specialist doctor Anaesthetist with a focus in paediatric anaesthesiology. In addition, all candidates should be familiar with the Statement of Faith, and will be required to agree to perform the duties of the position in support of, and not in opposition to, this aspect of CURE in order to be considered for this position.
Please check our website for our values.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Complete preoperative anaesthesia evaluations and make recommendations for appropriate anaesthesia interventions.
• Utilize appropriate monitors, equipment, supplies, and medications in the set up for, and completion of, appropriate anaesthesia interventions.
• Perform induction, maintenance & emergence of general anaesthesia. Perform effective management of the patient airway and fluid resuscitation. Address and resolve any anaesthesia-related complications that may arise.
• Perform various regional anaesthesia techniques.
• Assess and implement pain management in the postoperative recovery period.
• Accurately and thoroughly chart pertinent patient information.
• Ensure the safety of patients during consultations, surgical interventions and in the postoperative environment.
Qualifications and Experience
applicants with the relevant qualifications encouraged to apply
How to Apply
Applicants should send their CV, copies of qualifications and motivational letter to [email protected]