In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit http//www.clintonhealthaccess.org.
CHAI Zimbabwe is supporting a program to introduce and scale up access to a three-month-long TB preventive therapy known as 3HP to people at risk of contracting TB including people living with HIV and children under five years old. The project seeks to establish 3HP as an affordable, quality-assured, less-toxic therapy suitable for usage in countries most affected by TB. CHAI Zimbabwe will also conduct additional work including
- expediting the uptake of the shorter MDR-TB regimen and bedaquiline;
- supporting the scale up of NAT testing for TB; and
- providing management and technical support to the MOHCC NTP to address key bottlenecks in implementation and spending for TB case finding, including testing best practice district-level service delivery models.
Summary Of Position
The TB Analyst will be a critical contributor to CHAI’s TB initiatives, which aim to ensure uptake of key TB drugs and diagnostics, improving case finding for drug susceptible and drug resistant TB. The Analyst will be responsible for a wide variety of tasks, from quantitative and qualitative analysis to collaborating with stakeholders to build workable and sustainable solutions to strengthen health care systems in Zimbabwe. The Analyst will be expected to support areas of engagement relating to improvements in novel treatment and diagnostic commodities, supply chain, data integrity, market intelligence, forecasting and planning. The Analyst will develop relationships with various teams within CHAI, as well as senior management while working closely with MoHCC Provincial and district TB/HIV focal personnel. S/he will provide support to implement internal and external TB projects. The Analyst will be based in Harare and the position will require 50 to 75% travel. S/he will report to the TB Program Manager.
We are seeking a highly motivated, results-oriented, entrepreneurial individual with outstanding problem-solving ability and communication skills. The candidate must have strong analytical skills, be self-driven, adaptable and have a high level of comfort managing their own work. A solid grasp of reporting techniques, and database management is crucial for this role. They will be expected to function independently and flexibly, with little to no oversight. They must be self-assured, a fast learner, resilient, and a strong team player. CHAI places great value on relevant personal qualities resourcefulness, responsibility, tenacity, independence, energy, and work ethic.
The Analyst will ensure timely execution of quality deliverables against aggressive deadlines. CHAI seeks an analyst with exceptional team and process management skills, quantitative ability, experience working with government departments to support strategic operational and policy shifts.
- Provide technical support and mentorship in the implementation of the TB service delivery component of the project at facility, sub-national and national level with particular focus on TPT scale-up, TB case finding, Gene Xpert and DR-TB interventions.
- In consultation with Program Manager, monitor implementation of costed project work-plans at facility, sub-national and national levels.
- Support facilities to conduct routine analysis of monthly data to target interventions and respond to potential issues
- Provide technical support for integration of the project’s TB technical approaches for the achievement of successful project implementation at facility level using evidence informed, innovative and best practices
- Provide technical support in creating and strengthening linkages and referral networks between facility and community activities ensuring there is seamless implementation of activities leading to improved health outcomes at facility, sub-county and county levels with focus on TPT delivery networks, Gene Xpert networks and community MDR-TB interventions
- In consultation with the Program Manager support preparation of monthly, quarterly and other reports as may be required and submit these to the Program Manager in a timely manner.
- Provide technical support for weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual facility performance reviews, assessing progress in an objective manner in collaboration with Program Manager using MOHCC reporting tools.
- Participate in site preparation for supportive supervision and ensure recommendations are implemented at facility level by project team in collaboration with MoHCC staff.
- Support the development of training materials and trainings to build the capacity of district staff.
- Coordination with MoHCC staff on implementation of facility level TB service delivery work plans.
- Manage project budget; collect and complete financial reporting and invoice payments as required
- Represent CHAI in technical forums at facility, sub-county and county level.
- Participate in any other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Mathematics, Business, or a related quantitative discipline
- Minimum of 2 years relevant work experience in finance, management consulting, pharmaceutical, or other industries requiring a high level of quantitative/analytical skills
- Advanced degree
- Background working in public health, is an advantage
- Advanced problem solving, analytical, and quantitative skills, including significant experience in modelling and building models (using Excel or other modelling tools)
- Research experience, proposal and abstract writing will be a distinctive advantage.
- Ability to carry out market assessments and estimations
- Working level of proficiency in data analytics tools such as Tableau; experience with handling big and unstructured datasets is desirable.
- Ability to absorb and concisely synthesize a broad range of information, especially clinical, scientific, technical, and programmatic information.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, and work independently and flexibly with a strong commitment to excellence.
- Proven experience in developing strong professional relationships with a range of key stakeholders in a challenging, multi-cultural environment; experience in government stakeholder engagement/management is desirable.
- Proven experience in navigating complex governmental and organizational processes to favorably influence decision-making in a professional and collaborative manner.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Should be able to travel as and when required
To apply click HERE