Assistant House Parent (Bulawayo)
- Number of Vacancy: 1
- Category: Non-Governmental Organisation (NGOs)
- Job Level: Mid Level
- Working Hours: 0
- Years of Experience 3
- Salary Range: $-
- Job Location: Bulawayo
- Preferred Age: 35 (years)
- Required Education: O Level
- Vacancy Nature: Fixed Term Contract
Assistant House Parent: SOS Children's Villages International (CVI) Deadline: 15 January 2021 Working location: Waterfalls; Bulawayo Supervisor: Family Care Coordinator About Established in 1949, SOS Children's Villages International (CVI) is a dynamic, international social development organization working globally to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of children without parental care and those who are at the risk of losing it. We seek mature and professional Individuals with a passion for caregiving, children's rights and able to look after children who have no parental care or are at risk of losing parental care. This includes working to ensure the happiness, well-being, progress, safety and health of the children in their care. Successful candidates will work in our family homes in Bulawayo and Waterfalls. Purpose of the position We seek mature and professional Individuals with a passion for caregiving, children's rights, and able to look after children who have no parental care or are at risk of losing parental care. This includes working to ensure the happiness, well-being, progress, safety, and health of the children in their care. Successful candidates will work in our family homes in Bulawayo and Waterfalls. Duties and responsibilities Assisting and supporting the House Parent in managing the family house on a day-to-day; Supporting House Parent in nurturing and grooming children; Assisting House Parent in teaching children household chores and ensuring that the house is maintained in a clean, friendly, and healthy environment; Giving psychosocial support to the children in the homes; Participating in the care and general wellbeing of the children in the home; Assisting with children’s homework and extra tuition programmes; Assisting in managing household incomes & expenses; Engaging the children in extra moral activities to support their growth and development; Support the House Parent in updating and maintaining of Children’s Development Plans and Diaries.
– Five ‘O’ Levels including the English Language; – Certificate in Systemic Counselling/Social Work is a requirement; – Diploma in Child Safeguarding, protection, and care will be a definite advantage; – Fluent in English and at least one local language; – Mature candidates not less than 35 years of age; – Should have experience in working with children from various backgrounds and difficult circumstances; – Be a very good communicator who can effectively communicate with children and young Adults; – A good team player; Understanding of residential community life in a caring environment and Willing to stay in residence.
If you believe you are the right candidate for the above position, please send your detailed curriculum vitae (CV), and photocopies of academic certificates. Applications should be submitted electronically indicating the position you are applying for in the subject line. Applications including at least three traceable referees should be sent electronically to: [email protected] SOS Children’s Villages Zimbabwe is an equal opportunities employer and encourages all eligible applicants to apply without any consideration to sex, cultural consideration, disability, or creed.